The new rules

The original Den of Iniquity
swampash
Legend

Robbo wrote:
swampash wrote:...it was a very close call. See my post in tonight’s match thread.
If I’d been home when planned, I’d be gone.

What made you consider leaving if it was a very close call then maybe it would help knowing.

What really go time down was that a thread designed positively to discuss new rules descended into yet more interpersonal nastiness. Seemed to me at the time there was no hope of getting things back on track and I was just plain sick of the unpleasantness.
swampash
Legend

...anyway I'm off fishing for 5 day. See you all later! In the meantime - BEHAVE!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

5 days? How long does it take to catch a fish ffs?
swampash
Legend

Hoho!
swampash
Legend

That’s why it’s called fishing, not catching...
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

5 days is a long time to have your rod in the water

Where are you going, anywhere nice? Brid?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote:We need to nail down some actual rules

For me it's piss; no racism, homophobia, misogyny, suicide shit or disability slagging. Basically stick to the the rules that the majority of social media platforms do

We can still tell each other to shut the fuck up, fuck off and call each other cunts etc.

And for the sake of the forum no "agenda" LVG shite because everybody is fed up with it

Anything else?

This about sums it up for me Sid.
bman2
Legend

I haven't weighed in yet because I was waiting to see how things settled down. tbh, I think the only serious problem we've had was letting Harry and his little goon run riot, spamming every thread with the same constant gibberish and emoticons, which was almost worse than their increasingly less and less subtle bigotry. It's gone on for months, but personally I was going to leave if a firm line wasn't taken with the more recent outright racist stuff. I just blocked Pint early on with his paddy this paddy that, but calling players black this and that, or whatever the fuck it was, that's even worse, totally unacceptable. I'm not going to be in any way associated with that, even anonymously. I'm not surprised that Ed just seems to have nuked any trace of the obnoxious scumbags. It's 2018 ffs, this is the open internet. He saved the forum there.

But we're a long way off turning into Red Cafe if we draw the line there. There's a whole spectrum of conversation possible between racist gibberish and Red Cafe. It seems like a really strong forum to me that we all put up for so long with a broken site and idiots smearing their shit over every thread. That's the good news.

So I think a relatively light touch in terms of moderation should work, at least giving people a chance to move on and apologise if they get carried away, which many of us have done at one point or another. You could make a strong case for kicking someone straight out if they start giving players (or posters) racial nicknames or stuff like that, but perhaps at the very least a clear unambiguous warning before kicking them out if they do it again. You also need a warning and banning system if someone just won't let a thing go and fills every thread with the same argument and boring slagging over and over. I think the line is probably pretty clear actually, between good argument and spam.
swampash
Legend

Agee with bman on that.
Sid - fishing’s in Scotland.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Good post, Bman.

I see, Swamp. Wrong thread though pal.