anyone been chestfeeding lately?

The original Den of Iniquity
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
ah i see. so you want to discuss LGBTQ (have i remembered all the letters you need now?) issues?
Discuss is a bit much, think moan is better
fat maradona
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
ah i see. so you want to discuss LGBTQ (have i remembered all the letters you need now?) issues?
Here is one to ponder......is a trans-woman allowed to leave the toilet seat up or have they also been brainwashed into believing that a toilet seat should always be down?
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Here is one to ponder......is a trans-woman allowed to leave the toilet seat up or have they also been brainwashed into believing that a toilet seat should always be down?
I just think shite like this is so clearly a distraction by the right wing arse rags and knobhead commentators like Jordan Peterson to distract us from the fact that the rich getting richer and the poor getting poor - and that the latter are heavily responsible for the complete ecological breakdown that we're already paying for in horrifying ways. That's news. An institution switching to gender neutral language is not IMO.

Those rags could talk about the rich driving climate emergency but they're all owned by billionaires who invest in fossil fuels, so they play it down and go after trans people instead. I'm tired
fat maradona
Legend

1 month ago

I hadn't really thought of it that way tbh, I just found it funny and nothing else
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

well, back to toilet seats then... what about you, fatty. Do you put the seat down or leave it up to show off your machismo?
Rant's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend

1 month ago

FuB, I've been with my partner for nearly 25 years now and neither of us has wanted to cede on the toilet seat and so we now have a bathroom each. However, every now and again I will use hers and leave the seat up just so that she knows I'm the man of the house.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
FuB, I've been with my partner for nearly 25 years now and neither of us has wanted to cede on the toilet seat and so we now have a bathroom each. However, every now and again I will use hers and leave the seat up just so that she knows I'm the man of the house.
i have no particular issues with people leaving the seat up or down when they leave the bathroom. I would definitely prefer that they put the lid down before flushing, though.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
OliverB
Trainee

1 month ago

It's pretty sad really, I thought the same a couple or so years ago when they said the staff at railway stations shouldn't say "good evening ladies & gentlemen" any more.

We all want to make the world a better place for our kids, yet stuff like this is just weird, the traditional politeness that has passed down our families for years can now be seen as offensive and that's frightening.

I can see why we try to rewrite history by removing racist statues etc and I agree with that, but rewriting the language we use makes it sound like the language we used to use was malicious.

Schools are being more normalising towards sex change etc, I think it's wrong, if an adult wants to change his/her sex fine but youngsters shouldn't be influenced by it because it's not normal that a child should want to change their sex.

My daughters school don't let the girls wear skirts, they are made to wear shorts as that is apparently gender neutral... but is it really? who decided that shorts are the chosen one? the Scottish have been wearing kilts for years, maybe thousands of years ago men used to wear skirts.

The way the world is going is genuinely depressing and shockingly it ain't Covid-19 that's doing the depressing.