Tables ladders and chairs

The original Den of Iniquity
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:good stuff... not for a second expecting you to agree with me.

how do you feel that transparency and responsibility can be improved in the healthcare profession? Is it the money involved that's the problem?
You're new here, aren't you?

:))

You're asking the wrong Ranter Mate...

I'm the most miserable cunt on this forum... there is no fix... capitalism, democracy, the global economy... these are the cancers consuming our world, and they're in charge of everything... and they're terminal... we are doomed...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

how do you feel that transparency and responsibility can be improved in the healthcare profession? Is it the money involved that's the problem?

I'm the most miserable cunt on this forum... there is no fix... capitalism, democracy, the global economy... these are the cancers consuming our world, and they're in charge of everything... and they're terminal... we are doomed...
well, sort of new here but whatever.
I have to say I find your story of being on a drug pretty well known to be habit forming for 20 years doesn't paint a good picture of the healthcare system. When you tried to stop it those 3 times, were you actively assisted by a doctor or just left to flounder (and fail)?
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

That's my answer as well. The pharmaceuticals operate in a capitalist world. They're in the business to make money. So you won't get an answer from me that isn't putting em up against a wall
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

That's my answer as well. The pharmaceuticals operate in a capitalist world. They're in the business to make money. So you won't get an answer from me that isn't putting em up against a wall
well, now i'm confused. I thought this was what I was saying. Big Pharma has lots to answer for and they don't have the interests of the patient at heart...I don't think it's fair to say that doctors are the only part of the problem
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah doctor's aren't. Some of em are twats though but that's true of most professions were you earn too much
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

I have to say I find your story of being on a drug pretty well known to be habit forming for 20 years doesn't paint a good picture of the healthcare system. When you tried to stop it those 3 times, were you actively assisted by a doctor or just left to flounder (and fail)?
Oh right... no, I did ask for advice... but the doctors, at least the ones I had dealings with, took a very casual approach to the problem... it's not like your sitting in their office, frothing at the mouth, or bleeding out your eyes... you're dealing with things like anxiety attacks, and phobias... trying to explain yourself as best you can, in a 10 minute appointment slot, while he nods, and asks, "are you sleeping well?", "are you drinking too much coffee?"... it sometimes feels like a comedy routine, where you tell the doctor, it hurts when I do this, and he says, "well don't do that then"... I even had one doctor tell me, "look if it's so hard to come off these pills, then why not just stay on them?"

One day I just typed in Seroxat into Google, and was amazed at what I found out...

I don't have a lot of time for doctors any more...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:
Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

well, now i'm confused. I thought this was what I was saying. Big Pharma has lots to answer for and they don't have the interests of the patient at heart...I don't think it's fair to say that doctors are the only part of the problem
Never said they were the only part of the problem... but I think it's fair to say that the doctor is supposed
represent the patient, not the industry...

The drug barons are the biggest problem... no doubt about that... but you don't go to GlaxoSmithKline for help, do you? you go to the doctors... it's supposed to be his job to "help you"... isn't it?
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
FuB wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Oh right... no, I did ask for advice... but the doctors, at least the ones I had dealings with, took a very casual approach to the problem... it's not like your sitting in their office, frothing at the mouth, or bleeding out your eyes... you're dealing with things like anxiety attacks, and phobias... trying to explain yourself as best you can, in a 10 minute appointment slot, while eh nods, and asks, "are you sleeping well?", "are you drinking too much coffee?"... it sometimes feels like a comedy routine, where you tell the doctor, it hurts when I do this, and he says, "well don't do that then"... I even had one doctor tell me, "look if it's so hard to come off these pills, then why not just stay on them?"

One day I just typed in Seroxat into Google, and was amazed at what I found out...

I truly have sympathy for you with that story and I know you're not alone with that sort of thing.
There were rumblings about paroxetine being addictive in the medical press 15 years ago so I can't really see how you could feel any different than you do about the medical profession. You're really caught the shitty end of the stick. I'd really hope you were in a minority in the world but I know, from all the horror stories you can find in print, that you're probably not.
Sorry if I touched a nerve there
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
FuB wrote:
Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Never said they were the only part of the problem... but I think it's fair to say that the doctor is supposed
represent the patient, not the industry...

The drug barons are the biggest problem... no doubt about that... but you don't go to GlaxoSmithKline for help, do you? you go to the doctors... it's supposed to be his job to "help you"... isn't it?
yes, it is... they swear an oath too, don't they?

GSK went out of their way to try and make the problems with paroxetine seem minimal by publishing misleading "data" and got bollocked for it eventually... doesn't stop them making millions from it every year.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
FuB wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Oh right... no, I did ask for advice... but the doctors, at least the ones I had dealings with, took a very casual approach to the problem... it's not like your sitting in their office, frothing at the mouth, or bleeding out your eyes... you're dealing with things like anxiety attacks, and phobias... trying to explain yourself as best you can, in a 10 minute appointment slot, while eh nods, and asks, "are you sleeping well?", "are you drinking too much coffee?"... it sometimes feels like a comedy routine, where you tell the doctor, it hurts when I do this, and he says, "well don't do that then"... I even had one doctor tell me, "look if it's so hard to come off these pills, then why not just stay on them?"

I truly have sympathy for you with that story and I know you're not alone with that sort of thing.
There were rumblings about paroxetine being addictive in the medical press 15 years ago so I can't really see how you could feel any different than you do about the medical profession. You're really caught the shitty end of the stick. I'd really hope you were in a minority in the world but I know, from all the horror stories you can find in print, that you're probably not.
Sorry if I touched a nerve there
Fuck no Mate... got to have thicker skin than that around here...

I'm off them, and doing fine... most of the time...

It just pisses me off that there wasn't enough information available to me before hand, or I never would have gone on them in the first place...

And some of the stories I read about other people experiences makes mine look like piss ordinary by comparison...