Tables ladders and chairs

The original Den of Iniquity
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 6881
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Fuck no Mate... got to have thicker skin than that around here...

I'm off them, and doing fine... most of the time...

It just pisses me off that there wasn't enough information available to me before hand, or I never would have gone on them in the first place...

And some of the stories I read about other people experiences makes mine look like piss ordinary by comparison...
the problem is that there is such an active campaign of disinformation that, even when there IS information, it's not easy to tell whether it's valid or not.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

The girls title was Rick flairs daughter, he pulled an old fast one to help her win, wooooooooo!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
captainhormone
Star Man
Posts: 938
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

I'd fucking ruin that Paige tbf

Weed is the best drug ever...vape it.....immense...

See, going with the thread and ruining it at the same time
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

Love it cap, aye something about Paige, you'd do so many things her parents wouldn't condone all night long, Vince McMahon was out in force for the first time in a year, Reigns superman punched him and still won the title despite fuck loads of other cunts interfering, I stayed up to 4, love it, very rare you get a title changing hands when it's not a ppv,

Tell you what though on your weed thoughts, been on this oxycodone for my stomach, glad I've only a few left, fuckin shit is ridiculous. I'd say in terms of sitting down, eating one, sniffing one, and watching a 3 hour documentary on the Japanse empire for just one example, it might be my favourite drug of all time.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1754
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

[quote="Alfonso Bedoya"]Doctors are largely like that... it's a well paying profession to get into... yeah we see lots of great examples on the telly about the selfless dedication of some of the good ones, like Médecins Sans Frontières... but they're by a long way the minority... most are more about the country club lifestyle...

Years ago, I went to a doctor for some advice about boils on my back... I had linked it to the vitamins I had started taking... I asked him, if there was something in the vitamins that weren't agreeing with me... this prick told me, no word of a lie, that "you don't need vitamins, just eat well, people fret too much about their diet, the human body can survive on a Big Mac and a milkshake once a day"...[quote]

It is a very hard profession to get into and maintain standards. GPs are sick and tired (literally) of people self diagnosing and self prescribing.Why had you started taking vitamins?On whose advice. Don't forget that most of the vitamins and supplements are produced by the big pharmaceuticals so they have a vested interest in getting you on a product you really don't need. What your doctor told you was absolutely correct. What he should have asked you is why you thought you needed extra vitamins-what was the problem.That he didn't was poor doctoring. If there was a reason for you taking vitamins there are a whole battery of tests he could and should have arranged.If not ask-your'e entitled!
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26836
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

Docs can be full of shit as well though. Like even now a lot of them just don't rate mental health problems. They say "get out more", "be more active" and even "smile more". It's totally misunderstanding the issue. You've every right to lay them out if they say that to you and you're depressed.

They're just as susceptible to prejudices of the day as well, like the current shit about fat people, anorexia, things like that. Some of em have absolutely no clue. They're the modern equivalents of the doctors from the previous couple of generations who used to think women were literally controlled by their wombs, not their brains. And that a good slap in the face will sort her out

Someone I know is having trouble with a doctor who won't prescribe methadone to a proper vulnerable person because he's of the bullshit opinion "yeah well you chose to do it so fuck you no methadone for you" not seeing the underlying mental health issues, personality issues, poverty issues that can lead to addictions, and that are fucking blindingly obvious in this persons case. He nearly killed this person by being a bigoted fucking idiot. If it wasn't for social workers bashing the cunt she might have died.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Doctors are largely like that... it's a well paying profession to get into... yeah we see lots of great examples on the telly about the selfless dedication of some of the good ones, like Médecins Sans Frontières... but they're by a long way the minority... most are more about the country club lifestyle...

Years ago, I went to a doctor for some advice about boils on my back... I had linked it to the vitamins I had started taking... I asked him, if there was something in the vitamins that weren't agreeing with me... this prick told me, no word of a lie, that "you don't need vitamins, just eat well, people fret too much about their diet, the human body can survive on a Big Mac and a milkshake once a day"...

It is a very hard profession to get into and maintain standards. GPs are sick and tired (literally) of people self diagnosing and self prescribing.Why had you started taking vitamins?On whose advice. Don't forget that most of the vitamins and supplements are produced by the big pharmaceuticals so they have a vested interest in getting you on a product you really don't need. What your doctor told you was absolutely correct. What he should have asked you is why you thought you needed extra vitamins-what was the problem.That he didn't was poor doctoring. If there was a reason for you taking vitamins there are a whole battery of tests he could and should have arranged.If not ask-your'e entitled!
To be honest, Steggs, I think that's rubbish... people take vitamins because it's getting hard to eat properly these days... and even if you try, the nutritional value of modern produce is less than it used to be, as the quality of growing medium has changed... but that's beside the point... not all vitamins are produced my drug barons and not all supplements are vitamins... the bottom line is, I went to the doctor for advice, and he gave me flippant shit... if I want that kind of advice, I'll ask my smart arse mates... I went to a doctor to get professional advice... that's what they're paid for... I don't give a fuck if they're sick and tired... if they find their job frustrating, that's their problem, not mine...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 6881
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Doctors are largely like that... it's a well paying profession to get into... yeah we see lots of great examples on the telly about the selfless dedication of some of the good ones, like Médecins Sans Frontières... but they're by a long way the minority... most are more about the country club lifestyle...

Years ago, I went to a doctor for some advice about boils on my back... I had linked it to the vitamins I had started taking... I asked him, if there was something in the vitamins that weren't agreeing with me... this prick told me, no word of a lie, that "you don't need vitamins, just eat well, people fret too much about their diet, the human body can survive on a Big Mac and a milkshake once a day"...

It is a very hard profession to get into and maintain standards. GPs are sick and tired (literally) of people self diagnosing and self prescribing.Why had you started taking vitamins?On whose advice. Don't forget that most of the vitamins and supplements are produced by the big pharmaceuticals so they have a vested interest in getting you on a product you really don't need. What your doctor told you was absolutely correct. What he should have asked you is why you thought you needed extra vitamins-what was the problem.That he didn't was poor doctoring. If there was a reason for you taking vitamins there are a whole battery of tests he could and should have arranged.If not ask-your'e entitled!
To be honest, Steggs, I think that's rubbish... people take vitamins because it's getting hard to eat properly these days... and even if you try, the nutritional value of modern produce is less than it used to be, as the quality of growing medium has changed... but that's beside the point... not all vitamins are produced my drug barons and not all supplements are vitamins... the bottom line is, I went to the doctor for advice, and he gave me flippant shit... if I want that kind of advice, I'll ask my smart arse mates... I went to a doctor to get professional advice... that's what they're paid for... I don't give a fuck if they're sick and tired... if they find their job frustrating, that's their problem, not mine...
Sid, are you suggesting that GPs are tired in the same way as doctors and nurses in emergency wards? I'd be very surprised if that was the case.

Alf, when you say the nutritional value of modern produce is less than it used to be do you mean that the type of food produced is different than in the past, and therefore less nutritional or that, say, today's carrots are less nutritional than yesterdays?
Rant's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26836
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

No I'm not saying they're tired at all, I'm saying some are full of shit
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 6881
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

5 years ago

Sid wrote:No I'm not saying they're tired at all, I'm saying some are full of shit
ok, i'm with you on that. I do think the emphasis needs to be on the "some", though. I remember at the GP surgery I was registered at before I left the UK, it was very much the luck of the draw as to whether you ended up seeing the arrogant incompetent twat of a doctor in one room (very much of the type Alf describes) or probably the best doctor I've ever known in the room next door.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Post Reply