Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
sheesh
Legend

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... er-retires

This is quite sad. I know Tevez divided opinion among United fans but I was definitely a fan of his.

The United side that had Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo was as exciting to watch as we have ever have been.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Aye, I loved him when he was here. Gutted when he left. That 2008 side was the best side we’ve had in my lifetime.
fat maradona
Legend

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rom-monaco

No fucking about by Real Madrid......they realised they needed to freshen up their ageing midfield and have gone out and bought in two of the very best young midfielders in the past two windows. A combo of Camavinga and Tchouameni will make for an outstanding midfield pairing. I bet they'll go and add Bellingham next season.

If only we were that organised....
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

They've used their CL and league wins to attract the next gen in order to build again for the future. That's how a proper club operates. That ship has sailed at United. We had a chance to maintain success post Fergie but we had Moyes at the helm and shit owners. We're shit now, so why would young players come here other than the wages.
swampash
Legend

Southgate must surely be dumped now?
Jason
Star Man

City have already got haaland, and now bringing in Calvin phillips in 42mill deal. Seems like a pretty good price for him.

Meanwhile over at old Trafford we seem to stuck in old ways.
Jason
Star Man

All our rivals have already made or are actively making big moves.
Arsenal confirm Jesus today, and raphina is in the works for them as well.

Top 4 is going to be tough going, unless eth is a miracle worker.
swampash
Legend

German Ladies team looked very effective last night against Denmark.
swampash
Legend

Great performance by England last night and another good one by Germany tonight!
Is anyone else watching this really excellent tournament?
OliverB
Reserves

swampash wrote: 1 year ago Is anyone else watching this really excellent tournament?
I remember about 2018 - i think when me and my daughter were up watching the Women's World Cup - it was in America I think as the matches all kicked off around 1am, we said then that the matches were more entertaining than the men's football.

Sure the women make more mistakes than the guys but that could be because they are not so intensively trained as in mens football etc

Just Google and it would seem it was the 2015 World Cup In Canada, either way we have many an evening filled with good quality free football to watch that summer.
;)