Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
swampash
Legend

Really looking forward to tonight‘s game.
swampash
Legend

Cracking final in prospect on Sunday. On balance England should just shade it, but don’t underestimate Popp‘s capacity to rise to the challenge and turn a game.
Looking forward to this.
Jason
Star Man

Some finish from toone. Showed some composure there, united lass as well!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

England have lumped it long too much. They've struggled with Germany's press and reverted to type. And then brought on a tall CF to try and fight back.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Well, England have actually won a major tournament in my life time. Mad.

Just realised the manager is Dutch. Dutch football rocking at the min.
swampash
Legend

Great tournament all round. Really enjoyed it.
OliverB
Reserves

I personally do not think women's football will flourish until they are playing at the men's stadiums, a team wearing the Manchester United badge playing at Leigh Sports Village is madness, they belong at Old Trafford.

Women's football is finally being included into a video game which is one decent step in the right direction, but there is still a hell of a lot more to do.

One thing I do find irritating is that the BBC Red Button seem to blend women's and men's football, so you view the headlines and see Man United beat someone and think to yourself that's odd I thought we were playing someone else, for me blending them together is forcing it upon people which will just irritate them and is unlikely going to make them become a fan.

Not surprising the BBC do it though, I remember a few weeks ago reading about someone on the BBC said the England women's team is "too white" or something like that, players should be picked on how good they are and if they are in form, if a manager is picking a team and having to think to themselves "we don't have enough black players" to me that's racism in itself, I wonder how long it will be until a rule comes in that says a match day squad must include x black players, like the home grown rule etc.

Congratulations to the England Women team, for me watching the euro's has been like watching MLS, it's always end to end and you see some basic mistakes to give the ball away to easy but you see 2 teams of players who are competing for every ball until the final whistle even if their team is losing, you rarely see a player downing tools and looking disinterested, it's something that the Premier League players could learn from.
;)
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

City looking imperious with Haaland. We're never toppling them.
swampash
Legend

Yup. They look unstoppable.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Liverpool 0-1 Crystal Palace

Nunez sent off in his debut

Liverpool are struggling. Has City signing Haaland knocked the arse out of them?