Carneiro's tribunal

Non-United football chat
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Nah she turned it down, also she was offered her job back several times but she wanted a 40% pay rise so she obviously did enjoy it there. £1.2 mill and her experience and qualifications would have set her up for life though tbf, wonder how much Doctors at top clubs earn, £100kish per annum?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:Nah she turned it down, also she was offered her job back several times but she wanted a 40% pay rise so she obviously did enjoy it there. £1.2 mill and her experience and qualifications would have set her up for life though tbf, wonder how much Doctors at top clubs earn, £100kish per annum?
She was on £285k, and wanted £400k...

Regardless... I've no idea if she's just after more money, media exposure, or just her day in court, to restore her pride and get back the fuckers who humiliated here... it's her right...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah I agree, her lawyers will tell her to hold out
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

marlon wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... _b-gdnnews

"Carneiro claims that Mourinho also abused her for going on the pitch to treat a head injury in a game against Fiorentina days previously. Her lawyers allege Mourinho shouted at her: “Now we’re going to shit ourselves. Every time someone goes down with a head injury we’re going to shit ourselves.”

Aside from his sexist language, you have to wonder with doctors should be under the influence of the coaches at all. We've seen from american sports how serious head injuries can be, but the primary motivation of coaches (and players in the moment) is to win the game. The primary motivation of the doctor should always be the health of the player, not the outcome of a match. Perhaps the FA needs to have their own medical staff at matches.
The manager shouldn't be in control of the doctors during a game. If there's an injury the doc should automatically have go to on and treat it. That way it would stop the likes of Mourinho using them as part of his in game tactics.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

They've reached a settlement

So that stops it dragging out for a fortnight and making Mourinho look bad
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

He's being humble as fuck, he knows he needs to say the right things and keep on the charm offensive, did you see him in Soccersid, tried not to draw attention towards himself. He knows there's shit st United that you just can't do, I expect him to start to get his mo jo back, come up with a few belters over the season in interviews etc. And only piss people off if he knows secretly, as fans, we love it.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah I did actually, he kept his head down. There was no tripping up Olly Murs

He's behaving tbf. Might have turned over a new leaf.