Carneiro's tribunal

Non-United football chat
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

so, Mourinho's defence apparently lies with the difference between 'filho': son and 'filha': daughter. apparently the FA got advice to determine that one is sexist and the other not.

'filho/a di puta' was shouted behind Carneiro's back as she ran onto the field and, it appears, it's all ok if he shouted "filho"... which, apparently, he shouts all the time.

in summary: it's apparently NOT sexist to say someone's mother was a whore as long as it's a bloke you are shouting it at.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

That's an embarrassing defence tbf. Calling someone the son or daughter of a whore is sexist regardless. The child of a whore is sexist. It's the whore bit.

He should just fess up and get it over with.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FA found him innocent though. They're useless and have no morals. I bet United are leaning on em as well. At this rate his first game at Old Trafford might be in the stands.
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:That's an embarrassing defence tbf. Calling someone the son or daughter of a whore is sexist regardless. The child of a whore is sexist. It's the whore bit.

He should just fess up and get it over with.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FA found him innocent though. They're useless and have no morals. I bet United are leaning on em as well. At this rate his first game at Old Trafford might be in the stands.
where have you been, Sid... the FA DID find him innocent and they are the ones that got the advice as to what's sexist or not
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Oh right

Cunts
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:so, Mourinho's defence apparently lies with the difference between 'filho': son and 'filha': daughter. apparently the FA got advice to determine that one is sexist and the other not.

'filho/a di puta' was shouted behind Carneiro's back as she ran onto the field and, it appears, it's all ok if he shouted "filho"... which, apparently, he shouts all the time.

in summary: it's apparently NOT sexist to say someone's mother was a whore as long as it's a bloke you are shouting it at.
Not to sound like I'm offering a defense for Mourinho, or Chelsea, because I think they were both in the wrong, end of... but, as I understand it, the difference in the phrases is, one is, "daughter of a whore", and the other is, "son of a bitch"... I've no idea which he said, but ffs, who hasn't used the second one???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

I totally understand where you're coming from, Alf, but 'puta' is whore regardless of the other words. Italians will translate the equivalent (figlio di putana) as 'son of a bitch' too but that's only because it's the easiest found translation... It's clear that the FA must have swallowed the same bullshit and hiding shit like that behind tenuous translations is an atrocious defence.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:I totally understand where you're coming from, Alf, but 'puta' is whore regardless of the other words. Italians will translate the equivalent (figlio di putana) as 'son of a bitch' too but that's only because it's the easiest found translation... It's clear that the FA must have swallowed the same bullshit and hiding shit like that behind tenuous translations is an atrocious defence.
I'll take your word for it, cause I don't know... just what I read...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
FuB wrote:I totally understand where you're coming from, Alf, but 'puta' is whore regardless of the other words. Italians will translate the equivalent (figlio di putana) as 'son of a bitch' too but that's only because it's the easiest found translation... It's clear that the FA must have swallowed the same bullshit and hiding shit like that behind tenuous translations is an atrocious defence.
I'll take your word for it, cause I don't know... just what I read...
Like I said, I totally understand where you're coming from. Whilst I can't speak for the Portuguese, I know that Italians generally think "bitch" means "whore" and they're surprised when you tell them it's a female dog. It would not surprise me if the same was true of the Portuguese. Either way, using the fact that language usage rarely translates directly is such a weak defence it's outrageous and says a lot about what a cabal of old cunts the FA are.

The other aspect of this that annoys me is that I'd not be even remotely surprised to hear that "filho di puta" was in extremely common usage in Portugal. My wife doesn't think twice before using the Italian version which - as Sid points out - is just as sexist. I don't really understand why it should make a difference whether he used filha or filho.

In the end, Mourinho was a cunt to her and deserves to be kicked for it in my opinion but basing a case on dodgy translations and differing cultural usage is such a regrettably weak way of approaching it.
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... _b-gdnnews

"Carneiro claims that Mourinho also abused her for going on the pitch to treat a head injury in a game against Fiorentina days previously. Her lawyers allege Mourinho shouted at her: “Now we’re going to shit ourselves. Every time someone goes down with a head injury we’re going to shit ourselves.”

Aside from his sexist language, you have to wonder with doctors should be under the influence of the coaches at all. We've seen from american sports how serious head injuries can be, but the primary motivation of coaches (and players in the moment) is to win the game. The primary motivation of the doctor should always be the health of the player, not the outcome of a match. Perhaps the FA needs to have their own medical staff at matches.
pint vulger
Legend

5 years ago

According to reports ? the Doctor has been offered £1.2M settlement, accept the offer and move on.