Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I tell you what, I bet he's learning a lot from this though. He might just come out of it a better manager....
he might learn a bit of humility... but that doesn't really seem to be part of his personality makeup and might just ruin him as a manager anyway
Could go either way. I think he'll learn the boundaries and principles of how quickly you can lose people.

It won't happen, but I think United is the job he's always wanted. I can see a scenario whereby he comes in, with United offering a big arm around him and saying 'We believe you're the best, go and show everyone'. I think that level of support, trusting that he'd learned from his mistakes with perhaps a word in his ear from Ferguson could yield dynamite results.
He's a flawed genius, and OT is a perfect setting for those.

Could go the other way though. And we can't afford to take a risk.
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
FuB wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I tell you what, I bet he's learning a lot from this though. He might just come out of it a better manager....
he might learn a bit of humility... but that doesn't really seem to be part of his personality makeup and might just ruin him as a manager anyway
Could go either way. I think he'll learn the boundaries and principles of how quickly you can lose people.

It won't happen, but I think United is the job he's always wanted. I can see a scenario whereby he comes in, with United offering a big arm around him and saying 'We believe you're the best, go and show everyone'. I think that level of support, trusting that he'd learned from his mistakes with perhaps a word in his ear from Ferguson could yield dynamite results.
He's a flawed genius, and OT is a perfect setting for those.

Could go the other way though. And we can't afford to take a risk.
I know what you're saying but isn't "risk" the one big thing we're missing right now?
Rant's official artificial intelligence
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 years ago

Have a day off. I don't want this cunt anywhere near OT.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

5 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:Have a day off. I don't want this cunt anywhere near OT.
Yeah, that's what the other half of me says too.
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:Have a day off. I don't want this cunt anywhere near OT.
I wasn't for a second suggesting I wanted him at OT. I don't think someone who has a public spat with members of their staff is the right fit for United.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:
I wasn't for a second suggesting I wanted him at OT. I don't think someone who has a public spat with members of their staff is the right fit for United.
Ferguson had public spats with Keane, Beckham, Stam, Rooney, to name a few....
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:
Ok... I meant the non-playing staff and thought that was obvious
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:
FuB wrote:
Ok... I meant the non-playing staff and thought that was obvious

I think it could happen with Giggs at some point, if only for Giggs thinking about the big seat medium-long term, I'd say we might have seen him let his obvious frustration out a bit more, he was starting to at the weekend.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

tbf the journos could do with letting leicester have their moment before selling off all their decent players for em
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah putting their players in the shop window for other clubs

They've already done that with Vardy tbf trying to palm him off on us