Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6537
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

Barcelona have signed Depay. Hilarious to see them sign free crap because they're broke.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8744
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Barcelona have signed Depay. Hilarious to see them sign free crap because they're broke.
His numbers are consistently better than most of our forwards’. As usual, other big clubs’ “free crap” is better than the overpaid players we stick with year after year.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6537
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Barcelona have signed Depay. Hilarious to see them sign free crap because they're broke.
His numbers are consistently better than most of our forwards’. As usual, other big clubs’ “free crap” is better than the overpaid players we stick with year after year.
True. I've been saying Rashford and Martial aren't good enough. Doesn't make Depay good though. No club with a transfer budget would have signed him.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8744
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

We’re trying to sell Martial, definitely if we sign someone like Sancho. He’s clearly talented, but I’m not fussed at this point. Ole clearly chose wrong when he backed Martial over Lukaku.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26574
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
We’re trying to sell Martial, definitely if we sign someone like Sancho. He’s clearly talented, but I’m not fussed at this point. Ole clearly chose wrong when he backed Martial over Lukaku.
You're forgetting how horribly limited Lukaku is, how he repeatedly fails to control the ball which ruins attacks, and how he can only run for 20 mins in straight lines. Watching him try and trap long balls under Jose was a low point in my 30 years watching United. His stats were alright but they're not too dissimilar from Martials when he's fit.

Martial is a better option cos he can control the ball, run for 90 mins and beat players. He's had a shite season but he's still a better option, that has a higher ceiling. I would sell him though, for Sancho definitely. Don't think Martial will fulfill his potential at United.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8744
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
We’re trying to sell Martial, definitely if we sign someone like Sancho. He’s clearly talented, but I’m not fussed at this point. Ole clearly chose wrong when he backed Martial over Lukaku.
You're forgetting how horribly limited Lukaku is, how he repeatedly fails to control the ball which ruins attacks, and how he can only run for 20 mins in straight lines. Watching him try and trap long balls under Jose was a low point in my 30 years watching United. His stats were alright but they're not too dissimilar from Martials when he's fit.

Martial is a better option cos he can control the ball, run for 90 mins and beat players. He's had a shite season but he's still a better option, that has a higher ceiling. I would sell him though, for Sancho definitely. Don't think Martial will fulfill his potential at United.
You should check him out lately. Great hold up play and positioning, brings others in, gets a lot of assists.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26574
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
We’re trying to sell Martial, definitely if we sign someone like Sancho. He’s clearly talented, but I’m not fussed at this point. Ole clearly chose wrong when he backed Martial over Lukaku.
You're forgetting how horribly limited Lukaku is, how he repeatedly fails to control the ball which ruins attacks, and how he can only run for 20 mins in straight lines. Watching him try and trap long balls under Jose was a low point in my 30 years watching United. His stats were alright but they're not too dissimilar from Martials when he's fit.

Martial is a better option cos he can control the ball, run for 90 mins and beat players. He's had a shite season but he's still a better option, that has a higher ceiling. I would sell him though, for Sancho definitely. Don't think Martial will fulfill his potential at United.
You should check him out lately. Great hold up play and positioning, brings others in, gets a lot of assists.
Tbf, he might have improved after playing in Italy. He's in a good team - or was, cos Inter are about to have a firesale to keep the lights on. And the slower pace will suit him. But for me we gave him enough opportunities, and he was okay, with fatal flaws.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26574
Joined: 8 years ago

4 weeks ago

Nuno is the new Spurs manager. So they've gone from counterattack hoofs under Jose to counterattacks on the deck.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26574
Joined: 8 years ago

4 weeks ago

Rafa is Everton's new manager. The fans already fucking hate him :))

Next season is going to be fun
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 5147
Joined: 7 years ago

3 weeks ago

Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago
Rafa is Everton's new manager. The fans already fucking hate him :))

Next season is going to be fun
=)) :-BD
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Post Reply