Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Spudiator
First Teamer

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8848917/

In a way it's good to know it's not just this country where players are rife with greed and an undeserved sense of entitlement, but in an even bigger way it's really fucking depressing knowing that this is what professional football is about the world over these days.

Also, I work with an Everton fan, and he recoiled in horror at the possibility of this story coming true:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... erton.html
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

if dortmund thought he wasn't up to it theyd ship him out and wouldn't give a fuck, works both ways
lkhm

hoofing
Anantax
First Teamer

I actually like Dortmund's stance. About time contracts mean something....

I just hope Barca doesn take the same stance!
captainhormone
First Teamer

I actually like dortmunds stance too, where contracts actually mean something, unless they openly admit to tapping up one of our players who has 3 years left on his contract.
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Aye... wasn't even concerned about admitting it... so much for the rules.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Bayern have already taken their best player, fuck letting em have their main striker as well, in the same summer, takes the piss
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Swansea's results in europe are added onto England's coefficient score heh scandalous

Anything to keep England seeded
RobDiablo
First Teamer

Moyes was at The Liberty to watch Swansea destroy Malmö 4-0 (1-0 at the half). The camera went to Moyes after Bony scored his second to make it 3-0, and the commentators thought he looked worried. I doubt it, though; Everton handled Swansea pretty easily last season.

On the other hand, Swansea had only played seven preseason matches and Malmö were well into their season, so maybe there's something to playing football the right way. Makes me wonder why Swansea, a side I wouldn't trade a single United player for in a straight-up, position-by-position swap, can do it, but United so rarely does.
captainhormone
First Teamer

RobDiablo wrote:Moyes was at The Liberty to watch Swansea destroy Malmö 4-0 (1-0 at the half). The camera went to Moyes after Bony scored his second to make it 3-0, and the commentators thought he looked worried. I doubt it, though; Everton handled Swansea pretty easily last season.

On the other hand, Swansea had only played seven preseason matches and Malmö were well into their season, so maybe there's something to playing football the right way. Makes me wonder why Swansea, a side I wouldn't trade a single United player for in a straight-up, position-by-position swap, can do it, but United so rarely does.
might have something to do with having a manager who was one of the greatest players in the world playing the game the right way and being used to achieving success as a player and also as a manager by winning trophies and various other accolades

im not worried as we are lucky as our manager is exactly the same..

..oh wait..
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I hate it when people compare teams player for player - especially with a club like Swansea. It's not about individuals ffs it's about the collective. It couldn't be any clearer in Swansea, they spell it out for you; collective, approach, style. And the phrase 'playing football the right way' is rhetoric, it's subjective, it means nowt.

But yeah, Moyes ought to be a bit concerned because playing Swansea with a shit midfield is grim. It puts them in control, apart from the odd natural lull.

But the amount of ridiculous unintelligent crosses they punted into the box won't worry him. There were at least 20 odd absolutely pointless hoofs into the box. Vidic, Jones, Evans will eat that up.