Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
That’s just plain silly Sid. We don’t hate the English - we just love taking the piss out of them. If they didn’t exist we’d have to invent them, and if they didn’t take themselves so seriously, they’d realise it.
No I think what's silly to most people is celebrating taking an inconsequential 2 points off England as you go out of the comp. Should be focussing on your own success like Wales, who're embarrassing Scotland and their smalltime mentality.

It's like when Keane criticised Ireland, said they're only there for a piss up. Time for a cultural shift. You've got a CL and league winner who'll be embarrassed by Scotland's approach, by the fans and the manager.
I rest my case Sid - you still don't get it do you?
I could never get into the mind of a bitter City fan, no. I understand Wales' attitude and approach more than Scotlands. 3.1m people compared to 6m in Scotland, and they've achieved back to back to qualification cos they've moved beyond thinking 0-0s with England is success.

In terms of politics, I can sort of understand. But more and more scottish people are realising it was the scottish aristocracy and state that fucked the scottish working class, along with the English state. And that the Scottish bourgeois is as culpable for the crimes of the empire as England. And that Scottish patriotism is rank, and is fuelling a new far right movement. So I think people are gonna start calming down a bit over tha tartan army shite
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Ever been to Scotland Sid?
You’re right about Scotland being sold out by its own political class. Burns wrote a brilliant poem about it, which Steeleye Span turned into a song (Parcel of Rogues).
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
You’re right about Scotland being sold out by its own political class. Burns wrote a brilliant poem about it, which Steeleye Span turned into a song (Parcel of Rogues).
I have, it's ace, been all around the Trossachs. I'll give that song a listen tonight.

Btw I'm on the wind up a bit, if you hadn't noticed :D
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Memphis is carrying on his club form at the Euros. 6 goals and 7 assists in the 6 euro qualifiers, and 2 goals and 1 assist in the first 3 games of the tournament. He's on his way to becoming a top player.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
I have, it's ace, been all around the Trossachs. I'll give that song a listen tonight.

Btw I'm on the wind up a bit, if you hadn't noticed :D
Hope you enjoy it Sid; Burns’ vernacular can be a bit difficult so, at the risk of sounding patronising, let me know if it needs explanation. It’s a withering criticism of the sell out by Scotland’s ruling class.
I love the song for its sense of melancholy and betrayal.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Grealish and Saka start today.
Sancho can't get a game ahead of Saka.
It's as if Southgate knows Sancho is Mkhitaryan mk 2

I hope Ole takes Rashford and Maguire's opinion of Sancho into consideration. If a manager blows his budget on crap signings the manager usually goes first and I think Sancho could be that player got Ole. I really hope I'm wrong though.
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago

I hope Ole takes Rashford and Maguire's opinion of Sancho into consideration. If a manager blows his budget on crap signings the manager usually goes first and I think Sancho could be that player got Ole. I really hope I'm wrong though.
This is a concern! So he's what 4th, 5th, 6th choice attacking mf for England?

I was hoping to get a chance to actually see what all this hype was about. Hes not been on for a single minute.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

jason_uk wrote:
1 month ago
dozer wrote:
1 month ago

This is a concern! So he's what 4th, 5th, 6th choice attacking mf for England?

I was hoping to get a chance to actually see what all this hype was about. Hes not been on for a single minute.
If Sancho turns out to be shite, or even just average, Ole will be under pressure

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if Sancho was more of a United signing than an Ole one. He fits the bill: young, English, high profile, marketable, high resale value etc

Either way he won't satisfy the hype, not after United have built up his signing for over a year. He's just a decent young prospect, not a top player.
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

Certain amount of irony in the fact we bemoan our defence so much, yet somehow have 2 of the England starting defence.

Guess the problem lies more with our cb partner for harry, and the shield in front of them.

But insyead we are pursuing an attacking rw ahead of all other positions.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Still no Sancho. Hard to see him playing in the tournament now.

*Edit - he literally came on seconds after posting