Euros 2021

Non-United football chat
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

This is bad:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... land-italy

There were also some fans smashing up windows and lobbing bottles in Leicester Square.

That was just today. There were reports of Danish supporters being assaulted the other night, inc a 9 year old boy. Kasper Schmeichel having a laser pointed at him too.

I honestly don't know what to say anymore.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

FuB wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
I think the future looks good for the England team. They could go to another level for the WC.
Aren't they just a shitehouse team, though, bman?
Well yeah, I’ve always said they need a manager with decent tactics. They obviously shitehoused it today and lost. I’m saying there’s loads of good players, and young ones, it looks good.

5 at the back, with 2 DMs, it’s too much. At Wembley! And the amount of quality attacking players he’s leaving on the bench…
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Anyway, you English rantera have my sympathy, it must be gutting. But I think things are looking good. England should be in the mix for all the tournaments over the next few years, there’s a lot of talent coming up. I think a different manager could add a lot, but the basic picture is great.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

I said last summer we should be looking at Chiesa as an alternative to Sancho, and I stand by that after this tournament. He looked great, their best attacker by a mile. If he’d stayed fit, they probably would have scored a second.

Not a knock against Sancho, just praising Chiesa.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Southgate is being asked about his future. The FA want him to stay on after the world cup but he won't commit. As well as he's done, making history with this team, their strengths lie in their attacking players, many of whom Southgate overlooked. So it might be time for a new manager and a new less conservative approach. Not sure who though?
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Southgate is being asked about his future. The FA want him to stay on after the world cup but he won't commit. As well as he's done, making history with this team, their strengths lie in their attacking players, many of whom Southgate overlooked. So it might be time for a new manager and a new less conservative approach. Not sure who though?
It must surely be time for a full on, black shirted, racist manager to represent the anima of the English nation... that seems to be the sort of 'attacking' most wanted...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-57803161
Rant's official artificial intelligence
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

Perhaps the one bright spot of the result was that it was a type of karmic justice for the England fans' behaviour. I see the black players are getting racist abuse online too.
jason_uk
Star Man

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
I just don't rate him, had my doubts pre tournament, and he hasn't done much to change my mind.

Another easy run to a final, and after taking a lead after 2 mins the team bottled it, and tried to hold on first for a 1 nil win, then for pens.

Italy were the deserved winners in the end, and mancini made the changes in game and outsmarted him.

Sure he seems to be a decent man, but tactically he's been left wanting in the 2 biggest games he has had.

Has so much depth on the bench, but refuses to use any of them, or replace any of his preferred starting 11.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

FuB wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
It must surely be time for a full on, black shirted, racist manager to represent the anima of the English nation... that seems to be the sort of 'attacking' most wanted...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-57803161
That's what some in the FA will want as it consists largely of rich old white men. And no doubt this current gov will lobby for that too, cos Jonson and Patel's 'fans have the right to boo the knee' racist dogwhistle shite has given the green light for a lot of the racism we've seen post match

The fact England players and staff come across as "progressive" just for standing against racism and in favour of feeding hungry kids - and have the majority of britain on their side - makes them stand in clear oppsition to the gov who pander to a minority of bigoted conservative middle class cunts and their idiot working class foot soldiers
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Perhaps the one bright spot of the result was that it was a type of karmic justice for the England fans' behaviour. I see the black players are getting racist abuse online too.
But it's only a minority of england fans. This england team and tbf some in the FA have tried to modernise the england scene to make it more inclusive and thus representative of the diverse country we're living in, with great success. But it's the littler englanders, the thatcher chant singers, that are ruining it for everyone.

No way do young kids feel safe going to games or even welcomed by the game. It's one of the main reasons interest in football is declining in the UK, that and the fact football is miles too expensive for young people to get into. Clubs and broadcasters are consolidating an older, more affluent audience that has more disposable income.

I already think you can see the waining interest. For all the comparisons to euro 96, these games weren't as special despite going one further and nearly winning it. The interest may have been similar but the feverishness of euro 96 was nowhere near achieved.