Non-United football chat
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Perhaps the one bright spot of the result was that it was a type of karmic justice for the England fans' behaviour. I see the black players are getting racist abuse online too.
But it's only a minority of england fans. This england team and tbf some in the FA have tried to modernise the england scene to make it more inclusive and thus representative of the diverse country we're living in, with great success. But it's the littler englanders, the thatcher chant singers, that are ruining it for everyone.

No way do young kids feel safe going to games or even welcomed by the game. It's one of the main reasons interest in football is declining in the UK, that and the fact football is miles too expensive for young people to get into. Clubs and broadcasters are consolidating an older, more affluent audience that has more disposable income.

I already think you can see the waining interest. For all the comparisons to euro 96, these games weren't as special despite going one further and nearly winning it. The interest may have been similar but the feverishness of euro 96 was nowhere near achieved.
Surely a lot of that was down to the world still being mid-pandemic.. well, full on pandemic given your impressive recent numbers - thank fuck the Italian government wouldn't let the English come here for the quarter final...
Rant's official artificial intelligence
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
FuB wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Southgate is being asked about his future. The FA want him to stay on after the world cup but he won't commit. As well as he's done, making history with this team, their strengths lie in their attacking players, many of whom Southgate overlooked. So it might be time for a new manager and a new less conservative approach. Not sure who though?
It must surely be time for a full on, black shirted, racist manager to represent the anima of the English nation... that seems to be the sort of 'attacking' most wanted...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-57803161
That's what some in the FA will want as it consists largely of rich old white men. And no doubt this current gov will lobby for that too, cos Jonson and Patel's 'fans have the right to boo the knee' racist dogwhistle shite has given the green light for a lot of the racism we've seen post match

The fact England players and staff come across as "progressive" just for standing against racism and in favour of feeding hungry kids - and have the majority of britain on their side - makes them stand in clear oppsition to the gov who pander to a minority of bigoted conservative middle class cunts and their idiot working class foot soldiers
I suggest John Terry. He's a top quality racist and a darling of the bulldog Britain wankerdom. He could have Ashley Cole as assistant to help legitimise him (again).
Robbo
Legend

2 months ago

sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
This is bad:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... land-italy

There were also some fans smashing up windows and lobbing bottles in Leicester Square.

That was just today. There were reports of Danish supporters being assaulted the other night, inc a 9 year old boy. Kasper Schmeichel having a laser pointed at him too.

I honestly don't know what to say anymore.
Typical thuggish xenophobic racist cunts who spoil it for the majority who do behave personally I would have had water canons on the streets to sort them, its time that something is done to remove this ilk of people banning them for life, appearing in court and been done to the full extent of the law.
-----------------------------------------------------
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

Robbo wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
This is bad:

There were also some fans smashing up windows and lobbing bottles in Leicester Square.

That was just today. There were reports of Danish supporters being assaulted the other night, inc a 9 year old boy. Kasper Schmeichel having a laser pointed at him too.

Typical thuggish xenophobic racist cunts who spoil it for the majority who do behave personally I would have had water canons on the streets to sort them, its time that something is done to remove this ilk of people banning them for life, appearing in court and been done to the full extent of the law.
How's it going, Robbo? Not spoken to you in absolutely ages. All good with you?
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

FuB wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Perhaps the one bright spot of the result was that it was a type of karmic justice for the England fans' behaviour. I see the black players are getting racist abuse online too.
But it's only a minority of england fans. This england team and tbf some in the FA have tried to modernise the england scene to make it more inclusive and thus representative of the diverse country we're living in, with great success. But it's the littler englanders, the thatcher chant singers, that are ruining it for everyone.

No way do young kids feel safe going to games or even welcomed by the game. It's one of the main reasons interest in football is declining in the UK, that and the fact football is miles too expensive for young people to get into. Clubs and broadcasters are consolidating an older, more affluent audience that has more disposable income.

I already think you can see the waining interest. For all the comparisons to euro 96, these games weren't as special despite going one further and nearly winning it. The interest may have been similar but the feverishness of euro 96 was nowhere near achieved.
Surely a lot of that was down to the world still being mid-pandemic.. well, full on pandemic given your impressive recent numbers - thank fuck the Italian government wouldn't let the English come here for the quarter final...
Yeah tbf, it will be somewhat. But then you could also say surely more people would be up for it after an awful year locked in doors while people die. But the magic was missing. And there was just a lot less flags on cars and stuff.

But regarding the decline in interest in football, that goes back years, before the pandemic. There was a study done years ago that highlighted it, and the FA have acted because of it. I think that's were their attempts to diversify have come from, that and the fact we should be casting as wide a net as possible to search for talent - so black communities, asian, romany - the lot. But in order to do that effectively you can't have racist cunts sending players abuse. We already know loads of ethnicities love football, but the grounds remain heavily white and male.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Sid
Legend

2 months ago

sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
This is bad:

There's nothing wrong with bum rushing the turnstiles and getting in for free. Jibbing is a historic tradition. The people in the wrong here are the cunts beating the jibbers up. It's disgusting, fucking grasses acting like UEFA thugs making sure everyone pays the exorbitant ticket fees. Some of them need to keep their heads down cos they're being doxed on twitter by people that want to give em a couple of straightners.
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
This is bad:

There's nothing wrong with bum rushing the turnstiles and getting in for free. Jibbing is a historic tradition. The people in the wrong here are the cunts beating the jibbers up. It's disgusting, fucking grasses acting like UEFA thugs making sure everyone pays the exorbitant ticket fees. Some of them need to keep their heads down cos they're being doxed on twitter by people that want to give em a couple of straightners.
Hmmm

Maybe in normal times i get your point but everyone entering the stadium was required to show proof of a vaccination or a recent test. I don't suppose the people breaking in bothered to do that, did they?

Also, how is there nothing wrong with this?

sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

Imagine taking your kid(s) to Wembley and being swamped by ticketless fans rushing through the turnstiles.

There was a video on Twitter of some Asian guy having the shit kicked out of him on the concourse.

How is this acceptable?