FuB wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
This is bad:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... land-italy

There were also some fans smashing up windows and lobbing bottles in Leicester Square.

That was just today. There were reports of Danish supporters being assaulted the other night, inc a 9 year old boy. Kasper Schmeichel having a laser pointed at him too.

I honestly don't know what to say anymore.
There's nothing wrong with bum rushing the turnstiles and getting in for free. Jibbing is a historic tradition. The people in the wrong here are the cunts beating the jibbers up. It's disgusting, fucking grasses acting like UEFA thugs making sure everyone pays the exorbitant ticket fees. Some of them need to keep their heads down cos they're being doxed on twitter by people that want to give em a couple of straightners.
Hmmm

Maybe in normal times i get your point but everyone entering the stadium was required to show proof of a vaccination or a recent test. I don't suppose the people breaking in bothered to do that, did they?

Also, how is there nothing wrong with this?

They should have given up their seats and let the Italian fellas sit down. That's the problem IMO, not the not paying. The attitude of 'I could afford the exorbitant UEFA ticket prices so I want my product' commodification of football I'm never going to agree with. Nor the grasses acting like a UEFA goon squad. Italians rushed the turnstiles too btw. Loads of people did, even randoms. If prices were cheaper it might not have happened.

I remember a young lad jibbed his way in to United v Barca CL final and some fellas hid him in the stand so he could watch. These cunts would have grassed him up. It's disgusting
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Imagine taking your kid(s) to Wembley and being swamped by ticketless fans rushing through the turnstiles.

There was a video on Twitter of some Asian guy having the shit kicked out of him on the concourse.

How is this acceptable?
I can't do the mental gymnastics necessary to link not paying for tickets and racist attacks
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
FuB wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
This is bad:

There were also some fans smashing up windows and lobbing bottles in Leicester Square.

That was just today. There were reports of Danish supporters being assaulted the other night, inc a 9 year old boy. Kasper Schmeichel having a laser pointed at him too.

There's nothing wrong with bum rushing the turnstiles and getting in for free. Jibbing is a historic tradition. The people in the wrong here are the cunts beating the jibbers up. It's disgusting, fucking grasses acting like UEFA thugs making sure everyone pays the exorbitant ticket fees. Some of them need to keep their heads down cos they're being doxed on twitter by people that want to give em a couple of straightners.
Hmmm

Maybe in normal times i get your point but everyone entering the stadium was required to show proof of a vaccination or a recent test. I don't suppose the people breaking in bothered to do that, did they?

They should have given up their seats and let the Italian fellas sit down. That's the problem IMO, not the not paying. The attitude of 'I could afford the exorbitant UEFA ticket prices so I want my product' commodification of football I'm never going to agree with. Nor the grasses acting like a UEFA goon squad. Italians rushed the turnstiles too btw. Loads of people did, even randoms. If prices were cheaper it might not have happened.

I remember a young lad jibbed his way in to United v Barca CL final and some fellas hid him in the stand so he could watch. These cunts would have grassed him up. It's disgusting
I don't really care what nationality the people who got in wirhout paying are, Sid, and i have no idea why you felt it necessary to point out that Italians rushed the turnstiles.

How about addressing my main point? Sticking it to the man is all well and good but potentially endangering others who did follow the covid requirements is just fucking selfish.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

FuB wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
FuB wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
This is bad:

Hmmm

I don't really care what nationality the people who got in wirhout paying are, Sid, and i have no idea why you felt it necessary to point out that Italians rushed the turnstiles.

How about addressing my main point? Sticking it to the man is all well and good but potentially endangering others who did follow the covid requirements is just fucking selfish.
I only mentioned the nationality cos I thought you were drawing a link between non ticket paying and racist attacks. But obviously that wasn't necessary.

Fair point about covid. From that point of view it's perhaps not the best move to jib in to Wembley during a pandemic. Not that anyone cares anymore, not since the gov flouted the rules, and all measures are going to be removed in a week's time. But covid is being used by some as a smokescreen to reinforce the bullshit high ticket prices that price most fans out. Not saying you're doing that cos I know you passionately care about covid. But many are on twitter. I don't think covid was the goons' motivation either, I think it was more a desire for old fashioned "law and order"
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

If I have to choose between prawn sandwiches and racist thuggery, then I’ll take the prawn sandwiches.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
If I have to choose between prawn sandwiches and racist thuggery, then I’ll take the prawn sandwiches.
I'm really struggling to see the link between jibbing which has gone on for 30 odd years, and racism. I think perhaps it's because I'm not a comfortable liberal.