Coefficient watch

Non-United football chat
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Right anyway

The Prem are discussing giving financial incentives to clubs to take the Europa League seriously in the event of losing 4th place to Italy
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Right anyway

The Prem are discussing giving financial incentives to clubs to take the Europa League seriously in the event of losing 4th place to Italy

The problem with UK and Irish teams is also the cost involved and some clubs making compulsory ticket purchases for season ticket holders, there was an article there that conservatively calculated the cost of tonight's trip at a grand and thats if you live in Manchester for the flights, if you live in on the continent there's a chance you'll get a few teams you can do a lads road trip to, plus the prem and champos league tickets are so expensive anyway, it costs what £100 for a day out at the match if you are having a few bets, add in travel, you'll be shelling out £150 a fortnight to go to the match, European teams have 20 euro tickets and don't rip off the fans.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

I reckon Klopp and Poch will take it seriously. Well maybe not Spurs cos they're in a title race, but surely Liverpool will. Same as us, only chance of CL.

The CL qual for winners has only been in place for a year or two so maybe teams will start taking it seriously. With all the extra cash, you'd assume stronger teams and bigger squads. Unlike 4th place it's an actual trophy too.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

marlon wrote:I reckon Klopp and Poch will take it seriously. Well maybe not Spurs cos they're in a title race, but surely Liverpool will. Same as us, only chance of CL.

The CL qual for winners has only been in place for a year or two so maybe teams will start taking it seriously. With all the extra cash, you'd assume stronger teams and bigger squads. Unlike 4th place it's an actual trophy too.

I'd agree if I thought we had a manager and squad that could win it, we are running out of players rapidly, there are teams there that would tear us apart.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Bayern beating Juve last night means England will keep 4 CL places in the 2017/18 seaaon

Gives us longer to get good at football again so we can amass more points and be safe
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Bayern beating Juve last night means England will keep 4 CL places in the 2017/18 seaaon

Gives us longer to get good at football again so we can amass more points and be safe
That game alone shows how far the English clubs are behind. The technical and tactictal aspects of the game were miles ahead last night. One of the best games i've watched in ages.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah it was an ace game. The bottle both teams showed over two legs as well, coming from behind. We lack that.

So there's only City, Liverpool/United left in europe. City will come unstuck against the first quality team, and I can't see us or the scousers going far.

But at least we have longer to sort our shit out now and get good again.
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

lazio losing 2-0 at home to prague (first leg 1-1).
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

3-0 now
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Fuck fourth place, if we're that shit and don't deserve it , make it two or three places, maybe get a few owners off their arse after a couple of seasons of the bigger clubs who flopped trying to promote the Europa League