v Sheff Utd

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
6 months ago
Ole needs to drop Rashford and Martial for the next game - I don’t care who we’re playing either. All players have bad games but that was next level and they deserve dropping.

No doubt about it, this is on Ole tonight. Poor starting 11 and no motivation at all.

I want him to come out and nail some of these cunts. One step forward two back every time we look like progressing!
I don’t think the problem is the players’ motivation. I really don’t. Team psychology matters, in general, but I don’t think that’s our problem. What’s Ole supposed to do at half time? Tell the players to care more? Call them bottlers? That’s not our problem. He’s done a good job of filling the squad with players with the right attitude. This is a situation where the manager needs to tell the players what to fucking do in the second half. Give them a plan for getting at the other team, breaking them down.

Do we ever have a plan? I think on nights like tonight, it looks like the players aren’t trying hard enough in the first half. But the problem is that they have most of the possession, and they don’t know what to do with it.

Ole has been great at motivating players, getting a good atmosphere around the club. But we have never ever looked like we have a clear plan except when we sit deep and counter-attack. I would have thought he could compensate by hiring shit hot coaches who are on top of the tactical stuff, but that doesn’t seem to be happening.
fat maradona
Legend

6 months ago

think you're not far off being right bman, the team don't seem to know what to do with the ball apart from give it to Bruno, who more often than not ends up giving it away. It's possession football for the sake of possession (probably a bit like LvG ball) whereas City and Liverpool have well versed plans. I'd say that our squad is pretty decent apart from that defence. Shaw has started playing well but how long before he gets injured again, puts on 7kg of fat during recovery and comes back shit again. Tuanzebe had a proper shite night but he gets hardly any game time and you can excuse him for having the odd blip (he has been decent in his other appearances). Ole needs to stick to a consistent pairing, not Maguire/Bailly or Maguire/Hoof or Maguire/Tuanzebe on a rotation basis. ffs, Maguire needs to be dropped for being shite most weeks but Ole won't drop the cunt, especially now he's scored (what's that now, 99 chances and 1 converted?). He then insists on playing that front three together when Martial brings nowt to the team and makes our best finisher at the club hog the right like he's some kind of Kanchelskis when he's better off being put in front of goal....

I'd question if the players actually respect Ole or whether the 'you're me bezzie' has friend zoned him. I don't see how it's any different to any other work place, the gaffer has to be the gaffer and needs to inspire both fear and respect and not just be mates so that the workplace is a nice place to come to work. Ole has zero track record and has achieved fuck all as a manager/coach before United, I don't see how he's improving these players. We can bang on about galactico names and the pros/cons but clearly Ole isn't the long term plan, fucking hope not anyway.

This vid is great analysis of why we are how we are -
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

The players were definitely arrogant and complacent going into this game after beating Liverpool and being top of the league.

Ole needed to get them focussed. Fergie used to be ruthless before games like this, more so than big games. He'd have got them at it cos it's so easy to drop points against a shit team like Sheff when you're top and comfortable. He might have even dropped a top player to stir the pot.

Things are different now and those methods don't work. But ultimately Ole failed to keep them focussed.