Forum for match day threads
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
5 months ago
Sid wrote:
5 months ago
This should have been a hard fought 1-0 but once again, away from home, the defence landed us in it and the attack had to bail us out.

Fuck Lindelhoof
I sit here as an armchair manager and wonder if Tuanzebe or Mengi could do any worse than those two immobiles we have. But like I said, I'm just an armchair manager

Agree completely, Lindeof is fucking atrocious. He’s such a fanny.

The last time we fielded Ferdinand and Vidic was 2014... that’s criminal that we’ve not addressed this area in the right way. It transformed Liverpool and has also help Man City dominate again. This summer I want world class there, if not we’ll continue to fall short.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 months ago

It’s okay guys, relax:

Solskjaer: "We are the closest team and should be challenging the team in front of us. We are not going to let MCFC run away with it.”
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

5 months ago

1 point from the 2 worst teams in the league. And entirely because we didn't look arsed for the majority of either game.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
5 months ago
Too many games like this. We start 90% of our games poorly, we concede way too many soft goals, we're static and slow with the ball, our right hand side is shite, the front 3 don't do enough. We don't look a well coached team on any sense. We look a mid table side bless with moments of magic from Bruno and occasionally Pogba.

Its mental that we're in the top 4. We do lack quality in areas, but more than that, we have a mentality problem.

And Ole ain't up to it.
If we had just one better CB you'd see a marked change in our mentality and how we start games

We've gone behind so many times now the players start games deflated & flat cos they know what's coming, and that they'll have to bail us out. And, ultimately, that we're not good enough.

But get a better CB in there, a more solid platform, and our mentality will improve, I guarantee it
bman2
Legend

5 months ago

It’s not just the CB situation, our midfield is shit too.
fat maradona
Legend

5 months ago

bman2 wrote:
5 months ago
It’s not just the CB situation, our midfield is shit too.
I dunno man, I don't think it's that bad, definitely not as bad as in previous seasons. Matic and Fred are pretty much useless, so that leaves Bruno, Pogba, VdB and McT. If Ole played that 4 in a 1-2-1 diamond, it'd be pretty effective. And we have some really promising midfielders coming through, Garner will be back from his loan spell and hopefully he has pushed on. The double pivot we play doesn't work when you have players like Fred and/or Matic, who can't pass and are too slow reading the game.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Yeah the midfield functions, and even adds something (McTs 7 goals etc). Neither is true of the defence. The biggest culprit is Hoof. He should have been axed immediately when Ole got the job and he was undoing Jose's mess.
fat maradona
Legend

5 months ago

Sid wrote:
5 months ago
Yeah the midfield functions, and even adds something (McTs 7 goals etc). Neither is true of the defence. The biggest culprit is Hoof. He should have been axed immediately when Ole got the job and he was undoing Jose's mess.
Remember when we all thought Jonny Evans was shite? He was twice the defender Hoof is. Whatever happened to that ruthless streak the club had when players not of a champions ability/mentality were not allowed to play for us.