vs Palace

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Did anyone else see that Ole said in his presser that we had to be realistic about the summer, no money, we need to invest in facilities instead. So forget notions of major changes. Pogba will be like a new signing. Well, from the perspective of Raiola’s bank account, that might actually be true.
Tbf Bman were you expecting anything different in a pandemic with a season and a half behind closed doors?
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Did anyone else see that Ole said in his presser that we had to be realistic about the summer, no money, we need to invest in facilities instead. So forget notions of major changes. Pogba will be like a new signing. Well, from the perspective of Raiola’s bank account, that might actually be true.
Tbf Bman were you expecting anything different in a pandemic with a season and a half behind closed doors?
Bollocks we should be taking advantage of the situation to get some good players on the cheap. But we’re leveraged as fuck while still sending the Glazers their stuffed envelopes on a regular basis. Our competitors will spend. Bayern have already locked in Upamecano, for example. Of course, our competitors also have DoFs and other pros that know how to get a bargain or two.
fat maradona
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
I'm surprised he didn't also say Donny will be like a new signing. once he actually starts to play him.

I make that 15 points dropped in the last 10 games, compared to City 0 points dropped. And Ole telling us that he won't let City have an easy run in :))
jason_uk
Star Man

4 months ago

Its all good, we've maintained the unbeaten away record, surely we'll get some kind of trophy at the end of the season for that.
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Bollocks we should be taking advantage of the situation to get some good players on the cheap. But we’re leveraged as fuck while still sending the Glazers their stuffed envelopes on a regular basis. Our competitors will spend. Bayern have already locked in Upamecano, for example. Of course, our competitors also have DoFs and other pros that know how to get a bargain or two.
I think it comes down to which clubs want to take the risk and spend money they don't have on the hope that everything returns to normal and the money comes back. It might not be a good idea to spend. It depends what state your finances are in. We're highly leveraged, giving 100m + to the Glazers, while we're still paying off some of Jose's transfers. We're also spending something like 30m a year on 4 goalkeepers.

I honestly think Ed is more concerned with the european super league. Our co-conspirators Madrid are fucked financially. Barca owe billions. The top clubs are relying on a new league bringing in bigger revenue, that each club will get a greater share of.
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Tension between Rashford and Maguire

bman2
Legend

4 months ago

I’ve seen that getting talked about, but it doesn’t seem unusual to me for players to be shouting and pissed off at each other when they’re dropping points against a weak side in the rain.

But I think it’s funny fans thinking Rashford shouldn’t talk that way to the captain. That’s why it was stupid to make Maguire captain in the first place, a bloke who has won absolutely nothing in the game. Nothing. Rashford at least has won the FA Cup, League Cup, and Europa Cup, despite still being young. It’s not a knock against Maguire, it’s just realistic. I think it’s really odd to make a brand new signing the captain, even though he is one of the least accomplished players in the squad.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Not to mention, while Rashford spent the summer lobbying for meaningful social reform at the national level, Maguire was getting into drunken brawls in Greece. I wouldn’t take any guff from Frankencentre either.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

4 months ago

Nothing in it.

Rashford has been shit for a while mind.

And this talk of a 'much better spirit' in the squad than under Jose; im not convinced. There's still a chronic lack of any dynamism in this bunch.