v. West Ham

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

If we beat West Ham, that will put us 9 points clear of the 5th place team. With 9 games left to play, that would be a bit of breathing room.

We’ve got some injuries though, and recent form is very inconsistent. West Ham are probably the kind of counterattacking team that can jam up our usual approach. Not sure if Lingard can play for them, he’s been doing well.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

I just want to know if we're gonna play with a high a line and a high press against em. Doubt it.
jason_uk
Star Man

3 months ago

Hammers are a real threat from corners with Dawson and soucek.
I can definitely see us conceding one as we are generally crap at defending set pieces.
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

I had a sneak look over the Hobbit's shoulder at training and he has a tactical masterplan for this game.
To stop us being hit on the break he's going to play a brand new 361 system, which will sit deep. Really deep. With Wunderkind Diallo played up front as a counter-attacking outlet. Here's the lineup
Henderson
Grant Romero Bishop
Wan-Bissaka Lindelöf Bailley Maguire Tuanzebe Shaw
Diallo
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

Not looking forward to this! It will be an ugly battling game. I used to look forward to us playing...
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Line up was 100% predictable. Surely it helps opposition coaches to know exactly how we’re going to line up.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

What was Fergie thinking when he gave Moyes the job
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Line up was 100% predictable. Surely it helps opposition coaches to know exactly how we’re going to line up.
Not sure we had a great deal of choice given the injury list
Rant's official artificial intelligence
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

We can't pass a football 10 yards...
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
fat maradona
Legend

3 months ago

Same thing Ed was thinking when he gave Ole the perm job.

Our passing, touch, movement - all shit. How can this overpaid lot think it's acceptable to give the ball away after every 3rd pass.