Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
4 months ago
bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
I really respect Leicester as an organization in recent years. They really have their shut together, make some excellent good value signings. They’ve won the league recently, and are on track for a good top four finish. In recent years, Leicester and Poch’s Spurs have been the most impressive clubs for me, in terms of expenditure and results.
Run very well as a club, much better than us, amd they have a better team than us now too. Thats not hyperbole, I think they're better.
Their owner got blown up in a helicopter crash yet they're still better run than us. You wouldn't have noticed, the operation just carried on.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
4 months ago
bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
I really respect Leicester as an organization in recent years. They really have their shut together, make some excellent good value signings. They’ve won the league recently, and are on track for a good top four finish. In recent years, Leicester and Poch’s Spurs have been the most impressive clubs for me, in terms of expenditure and results.
Run very well as a club, much better than us, amd they have a better team than us now too. Thats not hyperbole, I think they're better.
Their owner got blown up in a helicopter crash yet they're still better run than us. You wouldn't have noticed, the operation just carried on.
Yep.

There isn't a single element of this football club that's geared up for footballing success. Squad needs rebuilding, we don't look fit, the coaching looks shite, recruitment is terrible, we give massive contracts to shite players. Everything's fucked.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

To be fair to Jose, Maguire would have been ok parking the bus and booting it long to Lukaku. It would have been shit to watch and dead boring, but probably would have us comfortably top four.

I think Matic signing was a bit like Gaal signing Blind and Memphis. The managers knew we needed players for those positions, but the club was incompetent in terms of offering viable transfer options. So each manager just called players they had a personal relationship with and could persuade to sign on.

That’s how we got our only proper signing last summer. Covid meant that Real couldn’t afford to sign Beek. So VDS called us up and said hey, you’re midfield is shit, and I’ve got this good young player here with his bags already packed, so you can have him for the price we’d agreed with Real, no fuss.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
4 months ago
bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Well he had the sense to hire good people to run the club, instead of a little clique of bankers. It’s amazing how shit the Glazers are at business. They had the cunning to buy the club with some financial gimmicks, but otherwise they’re just incompetent inbred parasites fucking up their own asset.
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
To be fair to Jose, Maguire would have been ok parking the bus and booting it long to Lukaku. It would have been shit to watch and dead boring, but probably would have us comfortably top four.

I think Matic signing was a bit like Gaal signing Blind and Memphis. The managers knew we needed players for those positions, but the club was incompetent in terms of offering viable transfer options. So each manager just called players they had a personal relationship with and could persuade to sign on.

That’s how we got our only proper signing last summer. Covid meant that Real couldn’t afford to sign Beek. So VDS called us up and said hey, you’re midfield is shit, and I’ve got this good young player here with his bags already packed, so you can have him for the price we’d agreed with Real, no fuss.
Yeah, park Maguire in front of the goal and he'd look look imperious cos his lack of pace wouldn't get exposed. Same with Matic. He'd look imperious too because he wouldn't get turned, he'd just sniff out danger and lay it off. They're perfect for Jose's bus.

But football has changed. Teams press and attack a lot more - and these two crumble. Same with Fred, can't handle a press. Neither can Hoof. They're players Jose signed (or wanted in Maguire) to play a really specific type of football we know doesn't work. So why are they still here? Where's our pacy skillful CB? Our dynamic, agile CDM? Our ball playing David Silva midfielder?

And it wouldn't get top 4. Look at Jose at Spurs. 8th, dogshit football and another mutiny amongst the players. And the only other bus parker, Simeone, is playing more expansive stuff. When they reverted to bus parking against Chelsea they got comfortably beaten.