Vs Brighton

Forum for match day threads
fat maradona
Legend

2 months ago

I don't even look forward to games anymore, I know it'll be massively frustrating.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
No tempo, no intensity, no ideas. Its just shite.
Yep and it starts at the back. Sitting too deep, nervous keeper. As usual the plan is just to hope that Pogba, Bruno, or Rashford will do something.
We do defend too deeply, but in the case of their goal, its a standard cross and neither full back or centre back do anywhere near enough. Happens all the time. Cross from the right, neither of them are good enough at defending it.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

2 months ago

Ferguson wouldn't have stood for this level of intensity in training, never mind a fucking first team match. The standards at this club have fallen so far from where they used to be.
fat maradona
Legend

2 months ago

why are any of us surprised? the story is a retelling of what happened to the tampa bay buccaneers.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

2 months ago

Fuck it, I'm not even arsed watching the second half. I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching us play, and all it does now is piss me off.
jason_uk
Star Man

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
Its identical to so many of our performances. There's no rhythm to our play at all, no patterns of building attacks.

The coaching is a fucking joke.
Brighton have better coaching than we do.
They have a style, and they play to it. We have nothing. We look completely inept and devoid of ideas.

They is no clear style of play.

And there's no point discussing the defence, maguire and lindelof are no where near good enough, and playing both together compounds it.

Then you have the standard awb episode where he falls asleep as the key moment.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
Fuck it, I'm not even arsed watching the second half. I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching us play, and all it does now is piss me off.
Yeah I'm meeting a friend, won't see much of the second half.

The arse fell out of the team in Ole's first half-season, immediately after it was announced he had been given the job permanently. The same might be happening here if word has got out that Ole's contract is being extended.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

jason_uk wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
Its identical to so many of our performances. There's no rhythm to our play at all, no patterns of building attacks.

The coaching is a fucking joke.
Brighton have better coaching than we do.
They have a style, and they play to it. We have nothing. We look completely inept and devoid of ideas.

They is no clear style of play.

And there's no point discussing the defence, maguire and lindelof are no where near good enough, and playing both together compounds it.

Then you have the standard awb episode where he falls asleep as the key moment.
Yeah Brighton manage to create a fair amount of chances without sacrificing anything in defence. There's a good balance about them. It'd be interesting to see what Graham Potter could do with a better quality squad.

We on the other hand look like a cobbled together bunch of individuals that don't know what they're meant to do
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
why are any of us surprised? the story is a retelling of what happened to the tampa bay buccaneers.
This
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
This
So, how long do we have to wait till they buy us an aging superstar who wins us the league then?
Rant's official artificial intelligence