Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Annoying that we've gifted them the points with shite defending.
Been the case all season. Our attack is as good as anyones, but the defence is fucking woeful and costs us points.

There has to be change in summer. Just one quality CB or CDM will improve us massively.
Defending is 90% coaching and organization.
Is it? Coaching improves players but it can't turn a poor defender like Lindelhoof into a great defender. The gulf is too big. You need a very good player to work with from the off.

I get what you're saying though, Ole isn't going to coach them into being better players. Agreed. But neither would Pep. Fred and Hoof are just shit, Matic too old, too slow. It's never going to happen with them no matter whose in charge. Klopp tried his best with the defence he inherited, and Karius, but they were a laughing stock. So he ended up buying van Dijk and Alisson.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 months ago

With this defence, we won't win another title. I can accept the defeat, but the whole team defended so embarrassingly shite. I'm actually embarrassed for them.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

So as I predicted, we’re heading for a low-mid 70s finish. This is a poor quality season though, so that should still be enough for second. But so much for Dozer’s “Ole has done better than our previous managers”. Fucking delusional. Let’s hope he can at least beat mid table Villarreal in the Europa final. Clearly needs to be sacked if he can’t even manage that.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
So as I predicted, we’re heading for a low-mid 70s finish. This is a poor quality season though, so that should still be enough for second. But so much for Dozer’s “Ole has done better than our previous managers”. Fucking delusional. Let’s hope he can at least beat mid table Villarreal in the Europa final. Clearly needs to be sacked if he can’t even manage that.
You predicted second place?
The rest of the post is just silly. How did pogba play today? Perhaps when you catch up with the highlights you'll know.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Giving new deals to shit players, persisting with shit CBs, signing players that don't fit into the system are why the Glazer out demos are so important. it's not just about the billions they're stealing and giving to banks, it's about the shit recruitment structure behind the scenes. It looks like we're in for another summer of being linked with high profile forwards like Sancho when it's our defence and midfield that needs investment.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Going after Sancho would be a huge distraction. Everyone knows we need to fix defence weaknesses. Get that right and we could be a proper threat.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
Going after Sancho would be a huge distraction. Everyone knows we need to fix defence weaknesses. Get that right and we could be a proper threat.
They need to rip out the heart of that defence and start again. Replace Fred and Mctominay with quality, and maybe bring in a right midfielder.

(in a perfect world)
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Don't sign any CBs or CDMs Jose's interested in at Roma

If he's scouting a player, leave, look elsewhere for the love of god
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Well as I said before, I think Ole has done well for himself, but I think the limitations are also clear. No other prem club would have hired him when we did, but he’s done ok, top four two seasons in a row. So his reputation is definitely better now than before.

But our defense is still badly organised. We are still shit defending set pieces. That’s coaching and organization. We’re still shut playing the ball out from the back: the players are told to do it, but it’s obvious that they don’t have a clear idea how to do it.

So there’s a good atmosphere around the place. And we look good when our attacking players have the opportunity to improvise and show their talent. But I think our league position is an accurate reflection of our squad strength. We have an excellent squad. Not as good as some of the squads we had under Ferguson, but it still has a lot going for it. It’s been a relatively weak season for the PL. I think if we’d had a top level manager, like a Klopp, we could have had a good shot at the title this season.

I feel like our strategy is to keep buying better players that don’t need to be coached. That worked for Real Madrid for a while, but I don’t think we can afford that now.