Vs Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Anyone else get the feeling Sky want rid of the the Glazers and FSG as well? United and Liverpool are the league's biggest attractions and they're in a kind of managed decline under those two. Certainly prevented from reaching their maximum. I know the scouse have been successful recently but that's largely down to Klopp. And I think Nev's right when he speculates that FSG have serious money problems that are going to affect Liverpool.

Cos why else would Sky lend Neville and Carragher their massive platform to rip into these owners and mobilise fans?
Hard to say, Sid. I don't think they are lending their platform to Nev and Carragher as much as Nev and Carragher are taking their opportunity. I suppose Sky could simply avoid asking their prime pundits' opinions but that would look even more suspicious.

Either way, it's now been shown that they can stop a game. They didn't need to break into Old Trafford to do it either. I hope they do a few more games and keep it peaceful, especially because the money will want to paint them as criminals and that needs to be avoided to keep the moral highground.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

Meanwhile, the protests at Spurs are really hotting up.....

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

Keane:

"People might not agree but sometimes you have to put a marker down for people to notice. This will go all over the world. Hopefully the owners see the fans are deadly serious."
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Souness , what a wanker.

I love it being stuck to the Glazers like this. But I do worry about how it will all work out for the club. Is there anyone out there who would buy the club that we’d like any better as owners? And a meaningful degree of supporter ownership seems far-fetched, especially with a far right Tory government in power. Then again, Bojo seems willing to do anything if he thinks there’s a few votes in it, so who knows.
Also cos the 50.1% german model makes economic sense. It still allows for success on and off the pitch.

Another interesting dynamic is how the Prem is the UKs biggest soft power. It allows it to exert some political and commercial influence abroad cos it's so rich and powerful. Literally the world's richest people invest in the Prem from Bezos to bin Salman, who'll soon own Newcastle.

50.1% ownership allows fans to stop cunts like the Glazers and FSG ever taking the Prem's biggest assets away from England, like they tried to over night with with the ESL.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Keane:

“I have sympathy with the fans, 100 per cent. It’s a tipping point for them. It was peaceful. One or two bottles were thrown and a couple of flares - I think that was towards Jamie to be fair - but they’ve had enough. Enough’s enough. United have some of the best fans in the world and we’ve seen today that they’ve come to the end with the ownership.”
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
1 month ago
Keane:

"People might not agree but sometimes you have to put a marker down for people to notice. This will go all over the world. Hopefully the owners see the fans are deadly serious."
Keane is on side as well. Brilliant.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

If the covid bubble is breached, the matches have to be postponed. This gives protestors huge ammunition for the rest of the season. Probably not that hard to breach covid bubbles if enough people are determined.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
1 month ago
Meanwhile, the protests at Spurs are really hotting up.....

Those curly haired lads with the guitars :)) fuck that, we're trying to change English football here, not have a sing song
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

Apparently a few balls and corner flags were nicked, so we didn’t have enough to play the game anyway!!
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

The hooligan angle is already building

https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-u ... d-12293224