dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Dozer, still claiming that Ole has done better than Jose and Gaal?
Of course. Not even close.
Europa means nothing. Especially when we dropped out of the champions league to get in there.
FA cup too.

You might say in games 5,10 and 35 of every season Gaal and Jose got more points but I'd say look at the whole season.

If we were 4th to 6th and won the Europa I'd probably be Ole out.
You know that 82 is a bigger number than 74, right?
Yes.
Is 2 bigger than 3?
Technically not really.
Haha yeah
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
Bman you look purely on numbers then 20th place should win the title. Bigger than 1
Cool cool. Tell me again how Ole did better. Jose actually got 81, not 82, my mistake. Notably, that same season the fourth placed team, Liverpool, got 75 points. So Ole’s 74 points wouldn’t even have got us into the CL in a normal, more competitive season.

And I didn’t even want Jose as manager and was glad to see him gone. It’s more enjoyable watching United now, usually. But it’s a simple objective fact that we are a less successful team under Ole.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

This penalty rule enforcement has made penalties way too easy for the attacker. Its fair for regular penalties that is for fouls but for shootouts it's a bit too one sided.

Probably should do a corner kick or a free kick contest.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
Bman you look purely on numbers then 20th place should win the title. Bigger than 1
Cool cool. Tell me again how Ole did better. Jose actually got 81, not 82, my mistake. Notably, that same season the fourth placed team, Liverpool, got 75 points. So Ole’s 74 points wouldn’t even have got us into the CL in a normal, more competitive season.

And I didn’t even want Jose as manager and was glad to see him gone. It’s more enjoyable watching United now, usually. But it’s a simple objective fact that we are a less successful team under Ole.
Points are relative.
3 seasons, he got us 3rd twice and 2nd once. We've had this discussion mate.
Ole's done better.

Gaal... Let's not even discuss Gaal.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

kunal4622 wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
It’s the same old story really. We can be very impressive when we’re the underdogs, playing on the counter. But when we dominate possession like today, we’re usually shit.
Players like Rashford are not good enough the break the teams down.. he can be only used when we are couter attacking... he has always failed in games like these, Why not put VDB in midfield and Pogba on left after 60 mins ... Mason was doing great job on right ... OLE didnt make sub becasue he wasnt confident enough to win the game and he made sub for penalties only, thatas hell of a negative thinking when you have come to win the final as favourites
Yeah it’s been so frustrating this season. Ole only changes the line up when injuries force him to, and he never ever changes formation. It’s weird as fuck to be honest. He just ignores players he himself signed.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago

Points are relative.
Ole's done better.

Next season we must see more progress. We're probably not strong enough to challenge though but we haven't been for a decade. If we can get closer to city getting at least 2nd place, I'll be happy. And group exit from champions league will be unforgivable.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

We might as well have stuck with Moyes to be honest. The evidence of this season is that he’s a much better manager than Ole. The Glazers only picked this guy and stuck with him because it gets some supporters of their back.
kunal4622
First Teamer

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago

Points are relative.
Ole's done better.

Next season we must see more progress. We're probably not strong enough to challenge though but we haven't been for a decade. If we can get closer to city getting at least 2nd place, I'll be happy. And group exit from champions league will be unforgivable.
We might be progressing and might give closer to city / liverpool next season if we get players but OLE as a person does not have that killer instict to win that crucial game or inspire to win it. One needs personality like SAF, Klopp to achieve those things. He does not have that aggression.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

We’re just stuck in a bullshit limbo of nostalgic mediocrity. Twats like dozer saying “oh but we’re in the CL, everything is amazing now” are exactly who the Glazers are pandering to. They also couldn’t give a shit that there’s no prospect of us ever wining anything. They just want that top 4 money.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Tuchel came in midseason and gave Chelsea the best defence in the league. They’ve got good fullbacks, but their CB options are terrible, worse than us. How much fucking evidence do we need that having a good manager actually fucking makes a difference?