EUROPA FINAL YOU CUNTS (Villareal)

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Will our defence cost us, or will the forwards bail them out?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

4 months ago

The defence, and our own bottlejob mentality will cost us.

But, at least it’s a fucking final and a proper game that actually matters. Ole - and this team - need a trophy. It could be the catalyst for a more tangible push next season.
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
4 months ago

But, at least it’s a fucking final and a proper game that actually matters. Ole - and this team - need a trophy. It could be the catalyst for a more tangible push next season.
...yeah, right... :wall:
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Mid table club. Nothing but a win is acceptable. Ole should be sacked if he loses this. I don’t say that with any joy, but let’s be realistic. It’s a bad outcome for Ole: win and no one really cares very much, lose and it’s massively embarrassing.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

swampash wrote:
4 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
4 months ago

...yeah, right... :wall:
Yeah in our last Europe final we beat Ajax. Ajax went on to show that they were a really impressive young team that did really well in the CL. In contrast, victorious Jose got the sack.

So I feel like losing would be obviously bad for us, because it would be embarrassing and a bit demoralizing. But winning by itself won’t mean all that much.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

But I’m very optimistic about this. We might well ship a couple of goals, but the likes of Bruno and Cavani will be up for this.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

This isn’t what Ole will do, but I think I’d go with this line up:

Cavani
Pogba - Bruno - Rashers
Matic - McT
Shaw - Tuanzebe - Lindelof - AWB
DDG

1. Want big game players, like Bruno, Cavani, Pogba.
2. Matic many will disagree on, but he’s very composed and has good distribution, but Fred tends to shit himself, he’s nervous as a kitten. matic’s pace is not such an issue when Maguire isn’t playing. McT can be counted on to put a shift in besides Matic.
3. DDG convinces me much more than Henderson so far. I think we need his composure.
sheesh
Legend

4 months ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
4 months ago

Loving the thread title.

Yeah, I agree about the defence. Midfield also concerns me.

On paper, we should be winning this game all day long - Villareal finished 7th in La Liga - but you can never tell with our side.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

sheesh wrote:
4 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
4 months ago

Loving the thread title.

Yeah, I agree about the defence. Midfield also concerns me.

On paper, we should be winning this game all day long - Villareal finished 7th in La Liga - but you can never tell with our side.
I’m not dismissing or disrespecting Villarreal at all. But I think this is a game where we want our biggest egos out on the pitch. The end of a long boring slog in front of empty stadiums, heading into the Euros, you want the lads who don’t want to have the piss taken out in the national changing rooms at the Euros out there. Our players are among the best paid out there — you can be the lads at smaller clubs would love to call them bottlers.
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
This isn’t what Ole will do, but I think I’d go with this line up:

Cavani
Pogba - Bruno - Rashers
Matic - McT
Shaw - Tuanzebe - Lindelof - AWB
DDG

1. Want big game players, like Bruno, Cavani, Pogba.
2. Matic many will disagree on, but he’s very composed and has good distribution, but Fred tends to shit himself, he’s nervous as a kitten. matic’s pace is not such an issue when Maguire isn’t playing. McT can be counted on to put a shift in besides Matic.
3. DDG convinces me much more than Henderson so far. I think we need his composure.
We should play Greenwood on the right. He's superior to Rashford on the right. If Rashford plays it must be as a left winger otherwise bench him