Vs Newcastle

Forum for match day threads
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Tickets are being sold for 2 grand to see Ronaldo's return. Do these dickheads realise they'll also be watching Fred.
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Tickets are being sold for 2 grand to see Ronaldo's return. Do these dickheads realise they'll also be watching Fred.
2 grand - that's just mental, I'd love to be at the game, but if I had a ticket, and someone offered me 2k i'd snap their hand off! Just have to wait a week or 2 to see him sooner or later :D

Do we reckon he starts? Not had long to train with the team, he is obviously fit enough, but does Cavani start given he knows the system, and is ready to go?
dozer
Legend

Ole said Ronaldo will be on the pitch at some point tomorrow. Hopefully it's at min 1.
Ronaldo left, Greenwood right with Cavani leading. That's our strongest front 3.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago Ole said Ronaldo will be on the pitch at some point tomorrow. Hopefully it's at min 1.
Ronaldo left, Greenwood right with Cavani leading. That's our strongest front 3.
It would be an absurd front three, but in practice I’m not sure if Ronnie and Cavani together is a great option. Maybe when we’re really hunting a goal.
bman2
Legend

I think Ole will start with this:

Greenwood
Sancho — Bruno — Lingard
Matic — Pogba

Then put Ronnie on for lingard with Greenwood going wide.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I think Ole will start with this:

Greenwood
Sancho — Bruno — Lingard
Matic — Pogba

You wonder whose going to do the defending with this massively attacking squad we have. It reminds me of that story about Newcastle's entertainers - basically after like an hour of relentless attacking, Keegan got up and shouted "will someone do some fucking defending?" and as the right back ran past the bench on yet another attack, he told Keegan to "fuck off" lol
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago Ole said Ronaldo will be on the pitch at some point tomorrow. Hopefully it's at min 1.
It would be an absurd front three, but in practice I’m not sure if Ronnie and Cavani together is a great option. Maybe when we’re really hunting a goal.
Ronaldo played a lot from the left for Juve.
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I think Ole will start with this:

Greenwood
Sancho — Bruno — Lingard
Matic — Pogba

Yup, Pogba out of position, Sancho out of position...two no-hopers in Lingard and Matic...and then :ymparty: Ronnie to the rescue.
Classic no idea hobbit bollox...
Jason
Star Man

Apparently cavani not in the squad, so surely Ronnie in line for a start now.
bman2
Legend

My line up is assuming that Ronnie doesn’t start.

But now I think of it, he could surprise us with a funky formation with three CBs because he has one midfielder he trusts and too many attacking players. It’s why I think he might use Lingard because he is great at covering ground and pressing.

Plus you ought to be able to get away with it against Newcastle.