Forum for match day threads
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago The changes after AWB red:

Sancho off, Dalot to right back, 441 with Bruno right, Pogba left
Beek off for Varane, go to 531
Matic on for Bruno, Pogba goes on the right, Lingard on for Ronaldo up front
Martial on for Fred, Lingard goes into midfield

No wonder we were all over the fucking place.

Shambles.
It wasn't the subs. The strategy to scramble near our penalty area from the minute of the red card cost us the game. For once, I'm happy we lost. Better than that fucking draw.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago

Shambles.
It wasn't the subs. The strategy to scramble near our penalty area from the minute of the red card cost us the game. For once, I'm happy we lost. Better than that fucking draw.
Everything was a shambles.

But, happy we lost? Why? A point would've been 'ok' in the circumstances. Villareal and Atlanta are no mugs - we needed 4 points minimum from this lot. As it stands now, we'll have to win all 3 home games - which I'm not sure we will, and probably draw both or win one of the aways.

I'm telling you, this result will be the same as the one against Istanbul last year. Itll be what fucks us.

On the plus side, if we don't even get out of the groups, hopefully thats the end of Ole. Sounds harsh, but every season under him is a waste.
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago

Shambles.

But, happy we lost? Why? A point would've been 'ok' in the circumstances. Villareal and Atlanta are no mugs - we needed 4 points minimum from this lot. As it stands now, we'll have to win all 3 home games - which I'm not sure we will, and probably draw both or win one of the aways.

I'm telling you, this result will be the same as the one against Istanbul last year. Itll be what fucks us.

On the plus side, if we don't even get out of the groups, hopefully thats the end of Ole. Sounds harsh, but every season under him is a waste.
Nah. We needed to lose this. A point would somehow have meant this kind of garbage football worked. It shouldn't. Other teams play with a much stronger mentality after a sending off. We didnt.
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago

Shambles.

Whole match was a cluster fuck, but there can be no excuses how much of a shambles we were even with a man down.

Teams go down to 10 all the time, and manage the game way better than that shitshow.

If we fail to get out of this group, ogs has to go, simply no reason for a squad like utds not to.
bman2
Legend

I wasn’t able to watch the match but it looks like a shitshow. Early goal looks good, then AWB sent off. But even a man down, against that opposition, surely we should see the game out with at least some kind of result? The stats are terrible, for whatever stats are worth. All due respect to YB, but they ought to be the group’s cannon fodder.
fat maradona
Legend

Nah. We needed to lose this. A point would somehow have meant this kind of garbage football worked. It shouldn't. Other teams play with a much stronger mentality after a sending off. We didnt.
I get what you’re saying but how many other situations like this in the past and look at us, still the same. This is ‘Ole ball’. Our inspired performances are flukes. I expect our usual performances to be like tonight’s and when we do play well, I never expect us to repeat it the next game.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

What the fuck happened :))

After the Ronaldo love in on Saturday, and all the talk of us being CL contenders cos of his arrival, this result is hilarious. What a fuck up.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Wan-Bissaka's had this coming. He's been shit for months. It's his attitude, something's happened behind the scenes with the club, Ole, his personal life. Cos we know he's a top defender. We've seen him shut down some of the best players in the world. But that's gone. He's lazy, sloppy, disinterested. We were linked with Trippier to give Wan a kick up the arse. But it hasn't worked. So Ole has a job on now cos we paid 50m for the cunt and one good season isn't good enough.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

How did Donny do in the double pivot with Fred? I didn't get to see the game
swampash
Legend

The game once again demonstrated the hobbit’s severe limitations. He needs to go.