vs West Ham (EFL Cup)

Forum for match day threads
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

That was fucking shit tbf but not surprising, cos we struggle to break down low blocks, especially when our first 11 is rested.
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote: 2 years ago That was fucking shit tbf but not surprising, cos we struggle to break down low blocks, especially when our first 11 is rested.
It's important to have a big squad that is just as useless as the first team. It helps with continuity
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Ole is under slightly more pressure after that cos it's a comp we had a strong chance of winning. It would have papered over the cracks somewhat if we don't win a major trophy this season. Might have kept him his job.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

29 attempts on goal. Only 6 on target. Far too erratic.

Martial and Sancho were shit, Mata was largely anonymous
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Ole is under slightly more pressure after that cos it's a comp we had a strong chance of winning. It would have papered over the cracks somewhat if we don't win a major trophy this season. Might have kept him his job.
The fans might call for his head but I don't see us sacking him, as long as we get into top 4.

Everyone knows what the capabilities of this manager are, so it should come as no surprise to anyone at the club if we finish the season without winning anything.
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Ole is under slightly more pressure after that cos it's a comp we had a strong chance of winning. It would have papered over the cracks somewhat if we don't win a major trophy this season. Might have kept him his job.
Its pretty much dropped our chances of winning a pot by 50%.

Leaves only the fa cup as a realistic trophy, unless we crash out of cl again and end up in the europa league!
bman2
Legend

I didn’t get to watch this. Looks like I was lucky. We don’t just rotate well under Ole. I’m not trying to have a go at him, but that’s an area that’s definitely bad. And I don’t think all those players are shit, I think they all just know that they’re second or third class in the dressing room.
swampash
Legend

Also didn’t manage to catch the game.
How did van de Beek do?
Jason
Star Man

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Also didn’t manage to catch the game.
How did van de Beek do?
I thought he was decent, considering he gets almost zero minutes or any momentum to build up form. Made some good runs, and pulled off some nice passes.

This was the pick of the bunch, would like to see Fred pull this off!

I'd 100% give him a longer shot at playing in the pivot with either Fred or Mctominay.
dozer
Legend

I thought he was very good. He reminds me of Scholes a bit although his awareness of other players needs a lot of work.
Was it because he was playing a weaker Westham team? I don't know.