V Villa

Forum for match day threads
fat maradona
Legend

Rome wasn’t built in a day lads but Ole and his coaching team couldn’t put flat pack furniture together. There are plenty putting forward the positives Ole has brought to the team but the club aren’t showing any ambition by sticking with the PE teacher
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Zidane would be my preferred choice. Rogers, I think, may struggle. Fuck Conte!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
sheesh
Legend

Shite result but the board will be happy that the Ronaldo shirts are selling. That's all they care about.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I only saw the first half, but the result doesn't surprise me. We've been riding our luck all season. Villa are a decent, well coached, well balanced team. Ole relying on having better attackers and individuals than the opposition is not an effective philosophy. But as Sheesh said, so long as the shirts are selling.
bman2
Legend

It’s just the same thing again and again. No pattern of play, hoping for the forwards to make something happen. It doesn’t make that much difference to me when we get away with it, it’s still dull to watch, and I know we’re never going to seriously challenge playing this way. Glazers are happy though, the club is churning out “entertainment content”. Stick a few famous players in there like Ronaldo and Pogba, and the business is working from their perspective.

But let’s get real: beaten by Young Boys, knocked out of the league cup already by west ham, now beaten at home by Villa. These are bad results. There is zero progress here season to season. Zero.
swampash
Legend

I don’t know how much longer I have to say it. The hobbit has zero tactical understanding. Occasionally the good players in our squad bail him out, but this cannot go on. He has to go.
He was a fine high impact sub and CL legend, but that does not make him a good manager. He really isn’t what we need, no matter the respect I had for him as a bit part player.
bman2
Legend

Yeah I feel bad because I love Ole as a legend as much as anyone. But the best football we played under him was in the first month or two when he took over as interim manager. It’s been shit to watch since then, even if the result has usually been ok. Shit to watch, without any sign of progress at all.

I think Greenwood being so greedy against Villa, trying to shoot all the time when it wasn’t on, is a sign that all the forwards think they’re desperately competing with one another now. Which they obviously are. Our squad management is totally fucked now.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Yeah I feel bad because I love Ole as a legend as much as anyone. But the best football we played under him was in the first month or two when he took over as interim manager. It’s been shit to watch since then, even if the result has usually been ok. Shit to watch, without any sign of progress at all.

I think Greenwood being so greedy against Villa, trying to shoot all the time when it wasn’t on, is a sign that all the forwards think they’re desperately competing with one another now. Which they obviously are. Our squad management is totally fucked now.
Your last point was quite evident. He had 2 great chances to play in Bruno and cr7.
1st one fair enough the shot was on. The 2nd half one, Ronnie should have played in.
I think it's in his head he needs to score to keep his spot.

Competition should be good if well managed, but maybe we have too much!

Rashford, sancho, Greenwood, pogba, lingard, cavani, martial, ronaldo, Bruno, Mata, vdb are fighting for 4 spots.

League cup exit doesn't help on that front either, one chance for squaddies to play and it's gone.
swampash
Legend

...exactly, all the right ingredients for a squad implosion.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Yeah I feel bad because I love Ole as a legend as much as anyone. But the best football we played under him was in the first month or two when he took over as interim manager. It’s been shit to watch since then, even if the result has usually been ok. Shit to watch, without any sign of progress at all.

Your last point was quite evident. He had 2 great chances to play in Bruno and cr7.
1st one fair enough the shot was on. The 2nd half one, Ronnie should have played in.
I think it's in his head he needs to score to keep his spot.

Competition should be good if well managed, but maybe we have too much!

Rashford, sancho, Greenwood, pogba, lingard, cavani, martial, ronaldo, Bruno, Mata, vdb are fighting for 4 spots.

League cup exit doesn't help on that front either, one chance for squaddies to play and it's gone.
Great point. The lack of games now will spread disharmony amongst the players. I wouldn't be surprised if we went out of the FA Cup early too.