Vs Villa (Cup)

Forum for match day threads
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

2 quality midfielders would make a huge difference to us. Huge. Stick Neves in there with a more mobile, Kante type, and we'd be miles better.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
Rangnick is looking like another ill thought out move by the club. If you're cynical, nothing more than a PR move after the ESL fall out and effective fan action.
Oh come on Sid - it's a bit early to be writing Ralph off as a PR stunt!
As I've said before, if he can't fix it, then no one can.
Keep the faith - from my point of view I think there are clear signs that a good number of the players get what he's trying to do and are trying to implement it. Look at how Shaw, Telles and Dalot are coming through - all looking good and fullbacks are a key part of the formula [plus I still see Telles as a midfield option]. Fitness is a key issue of course, which will take time to build up, and we need to be able to play a higher line with out back 4, which pretty much spells curtains for Maguire.
Some clearly don't get it [or don't want to get it] and they should be moved on asap, but from my perspective we're only a couple of astute signings away from the right line up for gegenpressing, if you ask me...
Tbf Ralf's appointment will have been a genuine attempt at success by those involved. Apparently John Murtough's pushed for it. I believe his intentions were good, that he only wanted what's best for the club. But from the Glazers point of view, they heard of this clever German fella and okayed it cos it was a super popular appointment, and they're on a charm offensive since the ESL fuck up. So for them it's another populist move. Everything they do is. It's all about negating flak so they can continue milking the cash cow. We're going on 10 years since a major trophy. We've tried nearly every way - and we're still miles off. The cat is out the bag in that sense. The Glazers aren't arsed about installing a successful manager / system. It's secondary to the commercials.
swampash
Legend

I suspect the owners are slowly beginning to connect commercial success with success on the field, Sid. In Rangnick I think they've found the perfect solution - if all goes to plan he can deliver modern football, while at the same time it opens up the possibility of accessing the sponsorship and commercial potential of Red Bull, which Rangnick is clearly closely connected with.