Not just a shit beer: Corona and football

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago Wow french football is fucked. They just lost a 3.25bn euro TV deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... s-mediapro
Sounds bad. Also sounds like it’s the ideal time for us to put in bids for players at French clubs...
Having agreed to pay €3.25bn over four years, Mediapro have paid less than 10% of that figure over just four months.
Wtf is wrong with that? Guardian making up doomsday nonsense as usual.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago Wow french football is fucked. They just lost a 3.25bn euro TV deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... s-mediapro
Sounds bad. Also sounds like it’s the ideal time for us to put in bids for players at French clubs...
I wonder if we could with the new brexit rules. At the min it looks like we'd only have a good chance of signing those in the national squad, most of who probably play abroad anyway. And of course we couldn't sign anyone under 18. We need some clarity on these rules, fast.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

This new strain could fuck football up. There's gonna be some long term europe wide travel restrictions that might prevent british clubs travelling abroad

Also there's hints / potential gov briefing that a full nationwide lockdown may be in place by Friday cos this new strain is so aggressive and it's quickly overwhelming services. In which case football might stop all together.

Fub, you got a clue? I can't see how a gov can handle this new strain other than a full lockdown until enough people are vaccinated.
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote: 3 years ago This new strain could fuck football up. There's gonna be some long term europe wide travel restrictions that might prevent british clubs travelling abroad

Also there's hints / potential gov briefing that a full nationwide lockdown may be in place by Friday cos this new strain is so aggressive and it's quickly overwhelming services. In which case football might stop all together.

Fub, you got a clue? I can't see how a gov can handle this new strain other than a full lockdown until enough people are vaccinated.
I'd say it's already too late and the new strain is long out of the bag and all over Europe. They're certainly detecting it in enough places other than the UK already.

I'm not sure that routinely tested sportspeople travelling would be any more of a risk than they already were. The danger is if mutations of the virus change the parts of the genome that PCR is looking for. Then you get positive people testing negative.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

FuB wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago This new strain could fuck football up. There's gonna be some long term europe wide travel restrictions that might prevent british clubs travelling abroad

I'd say it's already too late and the new strain is long out of the bag and all over Europe. They're certainly detecting it in enough places other than the UK already.

I'm not sure that routinely tested sportspeople travelling would be any more of a risk than they already were. The danger is if mutations of the virus change the parts of the genome that PCR is looking for. Then you get positive people testing negative.
Can you explain this? I don't think I quite understand
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Newcastle duo Jamaal Lascelles and Allan Saint-Maximin suffering long-term effects from Covid-19

Newcastle suffered a spate of positive cases last month; it forced the cancellation of their match against Aston Villa; Steve Bruce had previously revealed there were two Magpies players who were 'not well at all'

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... m-covid-19
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote: 3 years ago
FuB wrote: 3 years ago

Can you explain this? I don't think I quite understand
I've had a bash at explaining here: viewtopic.php?p=165107#p165107 . I'm not really an expert, though.
FuB
Site Admin

i've moved the last few posts to the off topic thread since they've gone down a political angle rather than football related
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

City v Everton is off cos City's squad had some positive tests

Hopefully none of em get long covid cos it looks career ending

It's gonna get us soon...
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago City v Everton is off cos City's squad had some positive tests

Hopefully none of em get long covid cos it looks career ending

It's gonna get us soon...
Yeah, it's only a matter of time really. Long covid is scary. Someone I know (but not very well) got covid back in March and she's still using a cane to help herself walk. Mid-30s, in decent shape, no health problems before. Just crap luck I suppose. That said, there's a difference between a virus lingering with you for some months and having it permanently. The real danger is permanent lung damage etc.

The rate it's going around at the moment, you have to wonder if the league can continue. Does this mean City is out of action for two weeks?