Diallo

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

7 months ago

Scored a couple of goals in the U23's against the scousers. He looks pretty decent.

That U23 team has got some really great talent in it, I really hope a few of them make the grade and move on up to the 1st team.

Sid
Legend

7 months ago

He's too good for the u23s. I have a feeling Ole will think he's too small for regular first team football though.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
7 months ago
He's too good for the u23s. I have a feeling Ole will think he's too small for regular first team football though.
I was thinking the same thing.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
7 months ago
Scored a couple of goals in the U23's against the scousers. He looks pretty decent.

That U23 team has got some really great talent in it, I really hope a few of them make the grade and move on up to the 1st team.
Who is coaching the U23 team? They play a nice high press there, don’t let the other team get comfortable at all. Why do we coach it at every level but the level that really counts?
fat maradona
Legend

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
7 months ago
Gomes is proving Ole was wrong, albeit only in the Portugese league. He has 6 goals and assists in 14 games for Boavista so far this season, which is better than Maddison for Leicester this season. I know I'm comparing apples with pears but the point is size shouldn't matter and if Gomes had been given a decent run out, he might have been another option.

My theory is that Gomes didn't want to be Ole's mate and the rest is history
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
7 months ago
Sid wrote:
7 months ago
Gomes is proving Ole was wrong, albeit only in the Portugese league. He has 6 goals and assists in 14 games for Boavista so far this season, which is better than Maddison for Leicester this season. I know I'm comparing apples with pears but the point is size shouldn't matter and if Gomes had been given a decent run out, he might have been another option.

My theory is that Gomes didn't want to be Ole's mate and the rest is history
Yeah totally, size shouldn't matter, most of the best players the game has seen have been small, Messi, Scholes, Iniesta etc.

That's good to hear about Gomes. The portugese league is decent too, certainly no worse than this season's Prem when all the players are clearly knackered and there's a distinct lack of tactics in some games
fat maradona
Legend

7 months ago

Involved in 4 goals last night