Forum for match day threads
fat maradona
Legend

6 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
6 months ago
bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
Even if you think Pogba is overpriced, overrated, lazy, too much drama etc etc ... games like this one should make you look at our midfield and be terrified that he wants to leave,
I agree. Not because he's ever going to be at the level of consistency we'd need to win a title, but if he goes, we won't spend on quality. And I'm utterly bemused as to why VDB isn't given more game time to show what he can do. I can only think its a 'fuck you' from Ole to the Board, if he never wanted him.
Word on the street is that Donny wants to leave this summer. That'll send out the wrong signal to any other player who might have considered joining us.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Granada for us in the next round. They're 8th in la liga, so bang average.
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
6 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
6 months ago
bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
Even if you think Pogba is overpriced, overrated, lazy, too much drama etc etc ... games like this one should make you look at our midfield and be terrified that he wants to leave,
I agree. Not because he's ever going to be at the level of consistency we'd need to win a title, but if he goes, we won't spend on quality. And I'm utterly bemused as to why VDB isn't given more game time to show what he can do. I can only think its a 'fuck you' from Ole to the Board, if he never wanted him.
Word on the street is that Donny wants to leave this summer. That'll send out the wrong signal to any other player who might have considered joining us.
He was our only proper signing last summer, and he doesn’t even get on the bench. But Woodward has made the people we already have at the club our “directors of football”. It’s all bullshit. Woodward doesn’t want anyone who will question him or the owners. The owners just want CL qualification and aren’t interested in spending any more of the club’s money than seems necessary to achieve that (not that they can judge that accurately anyway).

Our good results have come from signing Bruno and then this season by having Bruno and Pogba both playing. It’s not that complicated — if you have two good midfielders you’re going to impose yourself on games more effectively. With Pogba out, Bruno’s been more anonymous because opposing teams can just go back to focusing on him. The opposition is happy to gamble on the likes of Fred, Shaw etc not creating much.
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

Milan’s manager apologized today because at the end of the match he told McKenna to go fuck his sister. I think that’s funny.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
Milan’s manager apologized today because at the end of the match he told McKenna to go fuck his sister. I think that’s funny.
:))

I think that's fair enough. We did a job on em, 1-0 away in first gear, in a game they were meant to cause us a lot of problems with Zlat back etc. He's gonna be pissed off.
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

Sid wrote:
6 months ago
bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
:))

I think that's fair enough. We did a job on em, 1-0 away in first gear, in a game they were meant to cause us a lot of problems with Zlat back etc. He's gonna be pissed off.
Yeah, he apologized, I’m not bothered by it. Like to see a bit of passion, especially in empty stadiums.