Manchester United to break away from the Premier League

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Can Ed move Man Utd to London for better financial prospects?
It's a privately owned club so it's doable.
kunal4622
Youth Teamer

dozer wrote: 2 years ago Can Ed move Man Utd to London for better financial prospects?
Just like NFL.. London Devils..
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago Can Ed move Man Utd to London for better financial prospects?
They’ll certainly take games around the world. They’ll barely need OT anymore, which is probably all well and good because its falling to fucking pieces.

Man United v AC Milan, live, from the AmazonGoogleFacebookBowl stadium, Shanghai. The cream of the cream. By which I mean Fred v Kessie, in a drab 0-0 draw.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 2 years ago
They’ll certainly take games around the world. They’ll barely need OT anymore, which is probably all well and good because its falling to fucking pieces.

Man United v AC Milan, live, from the AmazonGoogleFacebookBowl stadium, Shanghai. The cream of the cream. By which I mean Fred v Kessie, in a drab 0-0 draw.
You'd imagine Amazon are gonna be all over the broadcast rights for the ESL

DAZN who own shitloads of Prem TV rights abroad have offered 3.5bn for ESL rights. That's interesting cos they're clearly prepared to switch from the Prem to ESL in an instant.

Sky TV is being left behind. It's all happening so quick. I wonder if that's why Murdoch got out a couple of years ago.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Aye, its fucking happening is this. They're clearly well prepared, very aware of the backlash and worst case scenarios consequences, and willing to take it on anyway.

There's a very, very real possibility that we won't be in the Premier League after this season.

Make no bones, its the death of any lingering notion of what this club stood for.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The gov are panicking behind the scene and are determined to stop the ESL cos the Prem is a hugely successful global export

I wonder if they're considering nationalising the top 6. That would put an end to this madness.

They could, and should, then hand em over to fans and let us run them in our interests, not billionaires interests, like Bayern, Dortmund etc

This is something I was ridiculed for on here multiple times. But now it looks like the only way - unless anyone can think of another way to stop it?
Jason
Star Man

Yea, this is looking ominous.

OGS needs to walk, if he has any actual love for the club, and the clubs history.

Kick them out of the league and Europe right now.

Fuck the "big" 6.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago Yea, this is looking ominous.

OGS needs to walk, if he has any actual love for the club, and the clubs history.

Fuck the "big" 6.
If Ferguson wasn't prepared to walk when the Glazers arrived, Ole won't walk now. Fergie taking a public stand and quitting his role as ambassador, might actually galvanise others though.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago The gov are panicking behind the scene and are determined to stop the ESL cos the Prem is a hugely successful global export

I wonder if they're considering nationalising the top 6. That would put an end to this madness.

They could, and should, then hand em over to fans and let us run them in our interests, not billionaires interests, like Bayern, Dortmund etc

This is something I was ridiculed for on here multiple times. But now it looks like the only way - unless anyone can think of another way to stop it?
Fan ownership is the only way I can see this thing being prevented. But as for the mechanics and legal implications of nationalizing a privately owned football club.... I have no idea how that could or would happen.

And clearly, this being an internet forum, we could never, ever advocate violent acts or threats against the personal safety of the chief orchestrators here.
Jason
Star Man

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 2 years ago
jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago Yea, this is looking ominous.

Fuck the "big" 6.
If Ferguson wasn't prepared to walk when the Glazers arrived, Ole won't walk now. Fergie taking a public stand and quitting his role as ambassador, might actually galvanise others though.
I'm aware that its unlikely to make much difference at this point, and I agree ferguson should have walked in 2005, or threatened to if the deal went ahead. But OGS leaving now, along with ferguson quitting might light a fire under "fans" arses to properly kick up a fuss, and stop this going ahead.

Honestly, if it happens, I'm done with united.