Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago Aguero is joining Barcelona. Lmao. They're truly fucked financially
I thought they were meant to be getting their wage bill in order? The club is literally near bankrupcy, and they fork out big wages for a knackered galactico.
Are they paying him high wages?
It's a free transfer so there's that.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jose wants Matic :))

Sell sell sell the slow, dosser, sideways, bus conductor cunt
bman2
Legend

The sensible way to handle this summer would be for the club to go out first thing and sign Sancho and Botman from Lille. Two of our priority positions sorted with good players. Both of those deals are there to be done, the clubs want to sell. Then you can spend the rest of the window fucking about with sales and all the rest. If Pogba leaves we’ll definitely need a midfielder. Maybe there’d be a bidding war for Kane or someone like that. But all that other stuff depends on players and clubs making up their own minds. But the RW and CB spots can be sorted out right now.

But there’s no reason to think we’ll be any more professional this window that the previous ones. The window will probably be a shit show because the club is in chaos. Woodward hasn’t been replaced, who’s running things? We’ll probably spend most of the window chasing after Kane or Haaland and end up going for emergency options at the last minute, just like last summer.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago The sensible way to handle this summer would be for the club to go out first thing and sign Sancho and Botman from Lille. Two of our priority positions sorted with good players. Both of those deals are there to be done, the clubs want to sell. Then you can spend the rest of the window fucking about with sales and all the rest. If Pogba leaves we’ll definitely need a midfielder. Maybe there’d be a bidding war for Kane or someone like that. But all that other stuff depends on players and clubs making up their own minds. But the RW and CB spots can be sorted out right now.

But there’s no reason to think we’ll be any more professional this window that the previous ones. The window will probably be a shit show because the club is in chaos. Woodward hasn’t been replaced, who’s running things? We’ll probably spend most of the window chasing after Kane or Haaland and end up going for emergency options at the last minute, just like last summer.
Woodward is still running things until the end of the year, so I don't think much has changed yet. He'll be frantically trying to secure new sponsors, and keep the ones we've got, as well as come up with a new strategy to placate fans, and god knows what else. Probably re-working the ESL for a future attempt. Transfers get lost amidst all this, like they have done in previous summers. Project big picture and the ESL were big distractions.

The Glazers will think we comfortably made top 4, so there's room to fall and still finish in a CL spot. They won't be thinking about closing the gap on City to actually win the league, especially if City get Kane or Haaland. Any new signings will be because of fan pressure IMO. Investment is the only thing that placates the fans. If we don't challenge their ownership, they don't shell out.
Jason
Star Man

I've read it somewhere before that the glazers love the social media imprint, and deadline day chaos.

They prefer to let deals drag out, to get more social media coverage and pump up the hype of a potential move.

Sad state of affairs when its come to that.

Even if a deal for sancho was completed in principal for now, they'd let it rumble on till late in the day before finalising it, all to drum up likes and social hits.
swampash
Legend

Forget Sancho. Not going to happen and not want we need.
Strewth...how many more times do I have to say it?!
dozer
Legend

I wouldn't mind if we sold Pogba to fund some deals. He's been good offensively on the left side but he's not as good as a regular winger. He can't defend either so the midfieldy box to box stuff is out. He's good enough to start so we must be careful with his sale.
fat maradona
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago ........and not want we need.
And this is exactly why it will happen,

We've some really promising U23's knocking on the 1st team door. Elanga, Shoretire and now Mejbri getting game time. Mengi, Garner, Laird et al also show huge promise. Perhaps we just need to accept that these lads will take a season to bed in and we don't actually need to spend money this summer. FWIW, I'd happily take another season of 'rebuild' to allow the youth to come into the team than bringing new players in and seeing the youth move on for lack of opportunities.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Forget Sancho. Not going to happen and not want we need.
Strewth...how many more times do I have to say it?!
But Ole clearly wants him. So if that’s the plan, get it done, and get it done early. A side benefit is that Dortmund won’t then want to sell Haaland this summer, so it would improve our chances of getting him next summer.

Pogba also needs to sign a new deal or move on — it would not suit team morale for him to run out his contract. Given that Ole has been playing Pogba in a more advanced role anyway, we could rightly think of Sancho being his replacement.

I would really like to see the club act decisively in the transfer market for once, and not get fucked about waiting for everyone else to makes decisions.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago ........and not want we need.
And this is exactly why it will happen,

We've some really promising U23's knocking on the 1st team door. Elanga, Shoretire and now Mejbri getting game time. Mengi, Garner, Laird et al also show huge promise. Perhaps we just need to accept that these lads will take a season to bed in and we don't actually need to spend money this summer. FWIW, I'd happily take another season of 'rebuild' to allow the youth to come into the team than bringing new players in and seeing the youth move on for lack of opportunities.
I’ve not seen much evidence that Ole would give the kids a chance. He only changes up his starting 11 very reluctantly, and Greenwood is the only youth player who has been given much of a look in.

And how many years is this rebuild going to last? Three seasons later, and we’re still quite far from the 82 points finish that Jose managed. 74 points this season is respectable, but the other top teams were all playing poorly. They could well gang bang us next season if we don’t find another level of our play.