Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago This just popped up on my browser - am I the only one who finds this really strange?

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... 0%20GOSSIP

I suppose they got me to click it, so it worked. But the official United website with a section for transfers, with a picture of Pau Torres at the top, and how the club are linked to him on some red top transfer headline, along with all the other paper rumours.

This is the clubs official website, bizarre if you ask me.
Seems like the club are cashing in on transfer speculation for the clicks. Kind of proves that they love the "noise" this shite generates, cos it helps em get more money out of sponsors.
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago This just popped up on my browser - am I the only one who finds this really strange?

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... 0%20GOSSIP

I suppose they got me to click it, so it worked. But the official United website with a section for transfers, with a picture of Pau Torres at the top, and how the club are linked to him on some red top transfer headline, along with all the other paper rumours.

This is the clubs official website, bizarre if you ask me.
Seems like the club are cashing in on transfer speculation for the clicks. Kind of proves that they love the "noise" this shite generates, cos it helps em get more money out of sponsors.
Yep, sure why would you want to get a player early in the window, and give them a full preseason with his new team when you can just get him on deadline day, completely unprepared, and you get all those extra social interactions to boot.
swampash
Legend

Nuts. Any serious club would have its transfer business all sewn up by now.
fat maradona
Legend

Looks like the Sancho deal is moving closer (according to Skysports and Sheth). Romano reporting we've offered 85m euros and Dortmund wanting 95m.

Can't say I'm overly excited, he's done nowt apart from the Bundesliga and we don't need Dozer telling us again how Dortmund players don't fare well when they move on.

Also read that Ole is fine tuning the squad this summer rather than overhauling. I'd agree, it doesn't need an overhaul but it sure as fuck needs more than a fine tune. Rumours of Kingsley Coman wanting a move to United and possibly going for Varane would make a lot of sense. Can't see Real selling Varane now that the Ramos the cunt has left. I sure as fuck don't want him turning up at United.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago Looks like the Sancho deal is moving closer (according to Skysports and Sheth). Romano reporting we've offered 85m euros and Dortmund wanting 95m.

Can't say I'm overly excited, he's done nowt apart from the Bundesliga and we don't need Dozer telling us again how Dortmund players don't fare well when they move on.

Also read that Ole is fine tuning the squad this summer rather than overhauling. I'd agree, it doesn't need an overhaul but it sure as fuck needs more than a fine tune. Rumours of Kingsley Coman wanting a move to United and possibly going for Varane would make a lot of sense. Can't see Real selling Varane now that the Ramos the cunt has left. I sure as fuck don't want him turning up at United.
Real are in the same situation with Varane that we are with Pogba. Sell now or lose for nothing in a year, with him probably spending the second half of the season avoiding an injury at all costs.
dozer
Legend

Looks like deal has been agreed. 73m with 4m pounds in addons
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago Looks like deal has been agreed. 73m with 4m pounds in addons
Who for dozer - is it Sancho or one of the others mentioned in the thread?
swampash
Legend

I just saw on the news that it’s Sancho.
Idiotic. Hope for the team’s sake I’m wrong but I feel this is plain stupid.
Priories in other positions and if you want to add a midfielder, then Bellingham would have added more versatility to midfield.
dozer
Legend

If Sancho turns out to be a good player I won't be complaining. I don't think Rashford is good enough. Cavani will last us one more season. I hope Sancho plays down the left. I want Greenwood on the right. Sancho must compete with primarily Rashford for the starting spot.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Obviously it's good that we're signing a decent young prospect. But if it's at the expense of a CB or CDM then it's another example of how shitly run we are. Strenghtening a strength is dumb when we're so weak in other areas. We can't be going into 2022 with 4 Jose players at CB and CDM. It's neglectful.

It'll be interesting to see who leaves now too, cos the club will be wanting to recoup some money after spending a wodge. Martial is surely on his way out. Dalot too. And Beek on loan to Inter looks possible. I'd rather keep him and ditch Mata.