Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago He doesn't even start ahead of Saka. How good can he be?
I really really hope I'm wrong.

The silver lining is he's probably not dumb like the other players. He can make the simple pass. But then so can Van De Beek.
Cos Saka is quality. He's been brilliant all season for a shite team, and he's class for England.

Does anybody else worry that Sancho's brilliant stats are partly cos he's playing with the best CF of a generation in Haaland?
...yes.
Don't get me wrong, he can be good. But he's not consistently good enough to warrant that sort of money...money we should have been spending on other priorities.
In his defence, he's still only 21 and has put in a good shift for 3 seasons at Dortmund (ok, so half of 20/21 was poor by his standards). I like him as a player but he's not £73m worth and he has been over-hyped. Hopefully he'll prove the doubters wrong over the next season or two. Also, he WANTS to come to United, which is better than signing a player that only comes to us because his first/second choice club weren't in for him.

Rapinha would cost £50m plus, no way Leeds would let him go for a song.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago He doesn't even start ahead of Saka. How good can he be?
I really really hope I'm wrong.

The silver lining is he's probably not dumb like the other players. He can make the simple pass. But then so can Van De Beek.
Cos Saka is quality. He's been brilliant all season for a shite team, and he's class for England.

Does anybody else worry that Sancho's brilliant stats are partly cos he's playing with the best CF of a generation in Haaland?
...yes.
Don't get me wrong, he can be good. But he's not consistently good enough to warrant that sort of money...money we should have been spending on other priorities.
In his defence, he's still only 21 and has put in a good shift for 3 seasons at Dortmund (ok, so half of 20/21 was poor by his standards). I like him as a player but he's not £73m worth and he has been over-hyped. Hopefully he'll prove the doubters wrong over the next season or two. Also, he WANTS to come to United, which is better than signing a player that only comes to us because his first/second choice club weren't in for him.

Rapinha would cost £50m plus, no way Leeds would let him go for a song.
Has anyone considered the idea that maybe he wasn't being used by Southgate so far because these transfer negotiations were ongoing and likely to be distracting for him?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Mata gets a new 1 year deal. Weird how the club are keeping him on. I think they have plans for him to be a coach.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Mata gets a new 1 year deal. Weird how the club are keeping him on. I think they have plans for him to be a coach.
Yeah. Fergie did this too.
Wenger got rid of older players quickly lol
bman2
Legend

Castles says Chelsea are going all in for Haaland, Abramovich is determined. Also says Raiola is pushing the Pogba-Ronaldo swap hard.

If Pogba does go, really hope we sign a midfielder.
bman2
Legend

Sancho, from what I’ve seen of him, reminds me a bit of a Mata who can run.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Castles says Chelsea are going all in for Haaland, Abramovich is determined. Also says Raiola is pushing the Pogba-Ronaldo swap hard.

If Pogba does go, really hope we sign a midfielder.
I'll take a swap deal!
I don't think Juve will fall for this though.
dozer
Legend

We've signed Tom Heaton. I wonder if this means DDG or Henderson is leaving.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Foden isn't starting ahead of Saka either, nor is Grealish. Bellingham isn't starting ahead of Phillips, but I know who id rather have.

Sancho will be fine. He might need a little time, but he'll be fine.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Mata gets a new 1 year deal. Weird how the club are keeping him on. I think they have plans for him to be a coach.
I don't think its weird. His legs have gone, if they were ever there, but he's a proper pro, good in the dressing room and there'll be 15-20 games next season where he can be involved and add value. Its another year of giving air cover to Amad, Shoretire, Pellestri. Keeping Rojo, Jones around, is weirder