Euros 2021

Non-United football chat
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Also, his stupid fucking “Albanians tried to kidnap my sister” shit means that he’ll always be a thick as pig shit Brexit jingoistic yob for me.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

I mean there have been rumours for a couple of years now that Maguire’s influence is one reason why non-white and non-English players keep feeling alienated at United. I think it’s a terrible blind spot on Ole’s part.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

You really have it in for Maguire eh haha. Fair enough. He does have serious limitations like his lack of pace. But so did Terry. With the right partner I think he'll form a formidable partnership. One of the best in Europe, definitely.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
Can you elucidate on your brand value thesis a bit please dozer...I’m not quite getting it?
You can call it star power then. Or media favourites. These players are higher up in the galactico scale. But the quality isn't as high up. Grealish, Sancho and Rashford are higher up in the galactico scale compared to Sterling but Sterling is a far superior player and has been for a long time.

It's a long winded way of saying they're overrated.

Sancho I fear might be the most overrated. Southgate didn't even play him. Really really hope I'm wrong.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
swampash wrote:
2 months ago
Can you elucidate on your brand value thesis a bit please dozer...I’m not quite getting it?
You can call it star power then. Or media favourites. These players are higher up in the galactico scale. But the quality isn't as high up. Grealish, Sancho and Rashford are higher up in the galactico scale compared to Sterling but Sterling is a far superior player and has been for a long time.

It's a long winded way of saying they're overrated.

Sancho I fear might be the most overrated. Southgate didn't even play him. Really really hope I'm wrong.
...ah, okay...’overrated’. I get that. Why not just say overrated though?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

I think you might be right about Sancho being overrated, dozer.
To think we’ve blown all that dosh on a probably overrated player and not yet addressed our real areas of weakness might suggest that the Sancho signing is designed to fob off the fans. As in prove the owners are serious about the club, in advance of resurrecting the ESL idea.
Last edited by swampash on Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

We get a bank holiday if England win it
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
...this is a joke, right, Sid?
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Southgate will have to figure a way to get the right side attack going.
Shaw and Sterling have really clicked down the left but right side isn’t really quite happening.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
...this is a joke, right, Sid?
Nope, the Tories briefed the idea today. Looks set to happen. Makes sense tbf, great bit of populism for them.