Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

Our recruiting and scouting is terrible really.
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago
fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago There seems to be some momentum in the Trippier story. I think it's a short sighted signing but we do need cover at RB and he's better than AWB at getting forward and whipping those crosses in. Maybe it'll give AWB the kick up the ass that Shaw had when we signed Telles or/and maybe AWB will be moulded into a DM.
Trippier is an upgrade on what we have, so I’ll be happy to see him join us. He looked sharp at the Euros.
Which begs the question, why in 2019 when both were available, we chose to spend twice as much on an unproven prospect who had played 1 season for palace, over a seasoned full back capped for England.

Hindsight is great, but at times you can definitely overthink things, and this is one of those cases for our recruitment team.
Spurs wouldn’t sell him to us.
sheesh
Legend

I hope this isn't true. We desperately need quality midfielders as it is. Selling donny would make us even more reliant on McFred.
sheesh
Legend

Apparently United want to keep Lingard, which doesn't make any sense to me. We could easily get 25 to 30 million for him and reinvest that in a new player.

A player of Lingard's age will surely want regular first team football, so why we'd want to hang onto him beats me.
bman2
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago I hope this isn't true. We desperately need quality midfielders as it is. Selling donny would make us even more reliant on McFred.
Goalkeeping and midfield is a mess. We have lots of players, not much convincing quality.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
sheesh wrote: 2 years ago I hope this isn't true. We desperately need quality midfielders as it is. Selling donny would make us even more reliant on McFred.
Goalkeeping and midfield is a mess. We have lots of players, not much convincing quality.
Donny isn't making any difference to our reliance on McFred. He isn't even in contention to play.
Goalkeepers are fine. We got 2 good goalkeepers. Hardly a mess.
We need a midfielder or two depending on a pogba and what we do with Donny.
sheesh
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
Donny isn't making any difference to our reliance on McFred. He isn't even in contention to play.
I agree that Donny didn't do much in his first season but I think he needs another season before we decide to sell him. He'd do well in another top team.

Re the keeper situation, both of them are aspiring to be the established number one and I don't think it does either of them any good having that uncertainty there. We should have an established number 1 with someone who's happy to be the understudy.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We gave the club too much credit when we assumed Henderson was being paid a first team wage cos De Gea was leaving. It looks like he's staying. PSG was supposed to be his preferred club, but they've got gone and got Donnarumma.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago We gave the club too much credit when we assumed Henderson was being paid a first team wage cos De Gea was leaving. It looks like he's staying. PSG was supposed to be his preferred club, but they've got gone and got Donnarumma.
Donnarumma is a better keeper than either of them.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
We used to have good De Gea backed up by Romero. Now we have bottling Henderson backed up by a bad imitation of De Gea. And we’re paying them a fortune.