Title race

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Will we win the league? It's time to ask the question

City are favourites IMO but they've been hit by covid again and so far it's claimed Aguero, so it's advantage United
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Our best asset might be our reasonably deep squad. Our bench yesterday had Rashford, de Beek, Mata, James, McTominay, Matic, Telles, Tuanzebe, Henderson. That's a strong bench. On the other hand, City I think have only given up 2 goals in their past ten PL games. If they keep that up, surely they'll win the title.

But it's so close and unpredictable. We've a decent chance at winning the title, but even so, I wouldn't take top 4 for granted. Every PL game counts. I don't care about Europa or the FA cup, I hope Ole doesn't tire out key players by taking those competitions too seriously.
jason_uk
Star Man

7 months ago

Wow.. Burnley just beat Liverpool.

They are on a bad run.

Can we win the league, id say yeah we can, but city for sure have to be the favourites.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Liverpool :)) they're not winning the league this season. Klopp is cracking up. It's not just covid, their forwards are fit but they're not scoring.

It's us, City and Leicester, maybe Tottenham
dozer
Legend

7 months ago

Bayern Munich really are the kings of the transfer market.
Never buy a player from Bayern.
Thiago looks like a terrible signing although it's early days.
dozer
Legend

7 months ago

The fact that Leicester are competing means that it's a case of the top teams I.e pool and city underachieving rather than the others getting better.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

dozer wrote:
7 months ago
The fact that Leicester are competing means that it's a case of the top teams I.e pool and city underachieving rather than the others getting better.
Well yeah, the points make that clear. We’re top with only 40 points after 29 games.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

jason_uk wrote:
7 months ago

They are on a bad run.

Can we win the league, id say yeah we can, but city for sure have to be the favourites.
Bad run for sure. Their last five league results are three draws and two losses. If the team below get decent results with their games in hand, Liverpool could be sixth after 19 games.

It’s going to be a brutal competition for top four, given how low the points are. Not just Leicester, but also Everton looks in contention. Plus us, city, chavs, Spurs, Liverpool... you’ve 7 or 8 solid contenders for four spots.
fat maradona
Legend

7 months ago

dozer wrote:
7 months ago
You do Leicester a disservice, they've been in the mix for a couple of seasons and have a decent team and a decent manager. But you're right, Liverpool and City are/have been underachieving this season. Proof of that is we are top! We are nowhere near good enough to be top 3 but here we are.
fat maradona
Legend

7 months ago

bman2 wrote:
7 months ago
jason_uk wrote:
7 months ago

They are on a bad run.

Bad run for sure. Their last five league results are three draws and two losses. If the team below get decent results with their games in hand, Liverpool could be sixth after 19 games.

It’s going to be a brutal competition for top four, given how low the points are. Not just Leicester, but also Everton looks in contention. Plus us, city, chavs, Spurs, Liverpool... you’ve 7 or 8 solid contenders for four spots.
The chavs aren't in it, they've got a green manager and bought too many new players in one season to be challengers. Perhaps next season, same squad but with Allegri or Nagelsmann at the helm.