Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
Felwin wrote:
Sid wrote:The 3-0 against Arsenal too. In the first half that game could have been 6 or 7 easily. He'll never forget that sinking feeling. We have shut up shop more than ever since then (the last 3 games excluded, because he's under pressure)

In the Prem now, with the big teams being shite, any of em can get done on their day. City were well beaten by Tottenham and Liverpool, and had lost 4 times in 13/14. Chelsea are a disgrace and get done by shite. That's the league we operate in now.

And I wonder if a manager new to the league like Guardiola might be ultra conservative too. You can see a bit of it in Klopp, in how insipid they have been in some games, especially at home. But for a foreign manager under huge pressure at these monster clubs in this weird league, you can see their thinking a bit
Proper good point, that. But is it fair to say LvG is under the same amount of pressure as he would be working under owners with an itchy trigger finger? He has plenty of room to manoeuvre with the Glazers. Limp into the top 4 and it's happy days.

What makes the negativity frustrating is that it seems wholly fucking unnecessary at times. Against what are essentially Championship teams for example.

With all the injuries as well now... the guy is just gonna become more and more negative until he explodes in a puff of pancakes and bong smoke before fucking off back to Amschterdaym.
Yeah tbf if he reached the Glazers targets he'll keep his job unlike more rash private owners who'll sack you for not gesticulating enough on the touchline

But also the United manager is under more pressure than Pelligrini and Mourinho because he doesn't have a pot of endless billions to dip into whenever he wants to freshen up the team, buy a new system, buy a plan B. He has to spend the money the club earns, which right now is a lot thanks to Fergie's legacy, but is entirely dependant on the club being successful. And success is results, not how entertained the fans are on matchday. It's winning games and trophies, and for many managers the least risky way is the best way.

The City manager, Chelsea manager just has to contend with keeping their jobs under the regime of idiot fucking tyrants. They don't have to consider the existence of the club because they will always have the financial muscle to be successful and compete for the top players. United don't have that luxury. We have to remain successful on the pitch to keep the money coming in. We'll always be rich like, but we could easily become Liverpool; a huge club with a decent turnover, but nowhere near enough to attract top players.

Good points Sid, which is why I think we need to pull the trigger but the only way I can see that happening short term is if he does the honourable thing and falls on his sword or the players get rid, booing at OT will make the back of the red tops but the Glazers do not give a fuck when they are reading the Sunday bay watch in Miami, and there are so many non regular fans to soak up any ticket surplus, his contract will long be up before we see that making a difference.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 6865
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:does the honourable thing and falls on his sword
there's no way someone with that much belief in himself would fall on his sword
Rant's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

FuB wrote:
redzebs wrote:does the honourable thing and falls on his sword
there's no way someone with that much belief in himself would fall on his sword

Says he would, seems to take personal pride from the fact that he would when other managers would hold out for the sacking and remuneration
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 6865
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

5 years ago

redzebs wrote: Says he would, seems to take personal pride from the fact that he would when other managers would hold out for the sacking and remuneration
sure, but that would require him thinking he's failed and we are fucking miles away from him getting to that point in his head
Rant's official artificial intelligence
senna
Legend
Posts: 2561
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

He will get sacked when we won't make top4. Much easier to sack him than Moyes, he only got 1 year left on his contract.
User avatar
Robbo
Legend
Posts: 1221
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

Living in Germany and having seen what Van Gaal did at Bayern München I have expected a hell of a lot more from him if the truth be known. Some Pundits are saying that the players are not playing for Van Gaal and if that´s the case then hasn't he lost the dressing room?
-----------------------------------------------------
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

Robbo wrote:Living in Germany and having seen what Van Gaal did at Bayern München I have expected a hell of a lot more from him if the truth be known. Some Pundits are saying that the players are not playing for Van Gaal and if that´s the case then hasn't he lost the dressing room?

If we had any players with balls he'd be in a lot more shit than he is
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Robbo
Legend
Posts: 1221
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Robbo wrote:Living in Germany and having seen what Van Gaal did at Bayern München I have expected a hell of a lot more from him if the truth be known. Some Pundits are saying that the players are not playing for Van Gaal and if that´s the case then hasn't he lost the dressing room?

If we had any players with balls he'd be in a lot more shit than he is
I agree with that it looks like what he says is the law, I sometimes ask my self what Giggs is doing as the assistant Manager because you hear nothing from him, I can understand Van Gaal saying all the comments from ex United players are sour eggs despite the point they are right with their comments and that appears to be Van Gaals biggest problem he cant take in what these people say and use it to better the team.
-----------------------------------------------------
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 6865
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

5 years ago

do you think that, when he went to all that trouble to tell everyone what a "nice guy" Giggs is at that awards dinner, what he really meant was "you're no trouble for me"?
Rant's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 8 years ago

5 years ago

Robbo wrote:
redzebs wrote:
Robbo wrote:Living in Germany and having seen what Van Gaal did at Bayern München I have expected a hell of a lot more from him if the truth be known. Some Pundits are saying that the players are not playing for Van Gaal and if that´s the case then hasn't he lost the dressing room?

If we had any players with balls he'd be in a lot more shit than he is
I agree with that it looks like what he says is the law, I sometimes ask my self what Giggs is doing as the assistant Manager because you hear nothing from him, I can understand Van Gaal saying all the comments from ex United players are sour eggs despite the point they are right with their comments and that appears to be Van Gaals biggest problem he cant take in what these people say and use it to better the team.

Yesterday was the first I've seen Giggs get into, what I would call anyway, a proper public disagreement then one of the Dutch boys started piping in and Giggs looked more assertive and didn't seem to give a fuck and was arguing away
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Post Reply