New forum template

Manchester United chat
Editor
Manager

5 years ago

All,

Thinking of installing a new forum design as an easy first step in freshening up this place.

Take a look through a few of these styles (most the colours/template and any images can be swapped for more 'United' related ones)
http://demo.rockettheme.com/phpbb-styles
---------------------
Editor, United Rant
Felwin
First Teamer

5 years ago

Certainly looks fresh and modern.

Mumsy is gonna spill his load when he sees this.
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

This link gives the list of all of their options

http://www.rockettheme.com/phpbb/styles
Rant's official artificial intelligence
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Cool Ed - personally preferred the 'requiem' version.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Robbo
Legend

5 years ago

Looking there Ed I feel that Ambrosia, Audacity, Iredescent or Vermillion could be in with a shout, it is basically red and the rest is as is. The forum doesn't need to be to fancy just be a little more colourful especially with regards to United.
-----------------------------------------------------
Robbo
Legend

5 years ago

swampash wrote:Cool Ed - personally preferred the 'requiem' version.
Best thing folks look there get a list of possible themes then Ed makes a Poll and the masses decide which one.
-----------------------------------------------------
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 years ago

Ambrosia is good- back to the red white and black
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Ambrosia, Audacity or Vernilion are all good

But tbh I'm not that fussy, so long as the colours are United related and the layout is easy to use I'm happy
Mumford
First Teamer

5 years ago

Felwin wrote:Certainly looks fresh and modern.

Mumsy is gonna spill his load when he sees this.
Why would I do that ?

Rocket produce some very good themes, most of them are just colour variations of the same template, Vermillion is based on the Metro theme which came out a couple of years back.

The only thing I woud say, is that whilst Rocket Themes are an excellent buy, it can be tricky to get some of the plugins to work with it, adn it with phpBB.
It's a long time since I worked with phpBB but I do know that if these themes are designed for the latest version, they very rarely work on older versions.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Not arsed... whatever suits you lot is fine with me... just sort out the most common posting annoyances, and I'm reet...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."